Sign in to follow this  
cphsonic

1969 Mustang GT2 project

The shock tower brace is a Maier Racing unit that we got unassembled from them and welded up a bit differently. They can be found here: http://www.maierracing.com/pnms2200.html

Oh BTW just finished an instrument bezel for the center dash vent. Made from a piece of plywood, 2 rings cut at an angle and a good deal of epoxy filler, TLC and spray paint. Just popped in there for the photo:

th_2009_1111_200304.jpg th_2009_1111_200356.jpg

Edited by cphsonic

rd, it SUCKS! The shop (CPR Streetmachines in SD) is super, sticks to agreements, is proactive and does great work, but not being able to drop by on a saturday to help out and kick some tires really sucks! We keep in touch over Skype and talk about ideas, decide on details, exchange pictures etc. Great tool.

69shelby, the color is a SN95 Mustang color called Pacific Green Metallic Pearl single stage paint. The great thing is that being a modern production color I also have it on original spray cans and those small chip-fix nailpolish things.

cphsonic, how are you going to mount the lilliput - going with a carpc?:tongue_smilie:

The shock tower brace is a Maier Racing unit that we got unassembled from them and welded up a bit differently. They can be found here: http://www.maierracing.com/pnms2200.html

Oh BTW just finished an instrument bezel for the center dash vent. Made from a piece of plywood, 2 rings cut at an angle and a good deal of epoxy filler, TLC and spray paint. Just popped in there for the photo:

th_2009_1111_200304.jpg th_2009_1111_200356.jpg

Oh, the pic is from the other Mustang (GT1), it has the 7" touch screen mounted as you see on the pic. Looks fine but a bit of a bother to get to the hot/cold slider. Workable though. Connected to a car PC running WinXP and serving up navigation, tunes, 3G wireless internet etc. :shifty: There is a EQ in the glovebox, splitting the stereo output from the PC into front/rear/sub, then a 5ch amp in the trunk next to a sub box.

very nice! i'm on mp3car.com with a 96_cobra_project, i hope to install my remaining carpc components in my 69 at some point.:tongue_smilie:

Oh, the pic is from the other Mustang (GT1), it has the 7" touch screen mounted as you see on the pic. Looks fine but a bit of a bother to get to the hot/cold slider. Workable though. Connected to a car PC running WinXP and serving up navigation, tunes, 3G wireless internet etc. :shifty: There is a EQ in the glovebox, splitting the stereo output from the PC into front/rear/sub, then a 5ch amp in the trunk next to a sub box.

You've got to be f*cking kidding me!!!!! :scared: The EU government just changed the import tax on vintage cars!!!! We used to pay 5% because they were "historic vehicles", now that's gone with a pen stroke. Import tax is now the same as on any other consumer product: 5% tax and 25% VAT. For the GT2 that means instead of $4.5k I have to pay $23.5k when they unload the container!!!! News just broke on Friday, sure there will be an uproar and something will be worked out, but it looks like the GT2 will stay in CA for a bit longer than planned... :double fuck:

You've got to be f*cking kidding me!!!!! :scared: The EU government just changed the import tax on vintage cars!!!! We used to pay 5% because they were "historic vehicles", now that's gone with a pen stroke. Import tax is now the same as on any other consumer product: 5% tax and 25% VAT. For the GT2 that means instead of $4.5k I have to pay $23.5k when they unload the container!!!! News just broke on Friday, sure there will be an uproar and something will be worked out, but it looks like the GT2 will stay in CA for a bit longer than planned... :double fuck:

How do they determine the value of the car to apply the percentage of tax?

OMG, like you're not going to have enough in that thing already! I think I'd be moving to California because that car is way over the top and I couldnt let it sit!

Is there a way to import it "outside" the EU and then sneak it over or that doesnt matter?

Trust me, everybody is looking into alternatives at the moment. Including fake VINs, entry through Cyprus and god knows what!

The value is determined by the original Bill of Sale from the US. You could fake a low value (still fairly realistic of course) but the shipper also insures the container from that value. Major bummer if they drop it on the docks and you only get $20k...

Just came back from CA, brought over the CF spoilers and helped a bit on wiring the beast. The project has been on a bit of hold awaiting all the interesting changes the EU has made to import customs and VAT on classic cars. For a while it has been uncertain whether I'd be able to bring it in (more than $20k added in taxes) but there is hope at the end of the tunnel it seems.

And before anyone comments: that is NOT the right steering wheel! Missing an adaptor ring for the quick release that will take a Grant woody or a suede Momo.

th_2010_0123_202747.jpg th_2010_0123_202811.jpg th_2010_0123_2203392.jpg

th_2010_0123_220352.jpg th_2010_0123_220441.jpg th_2010_0123_220506.jpg

th_2010_0123_221138.jpg th_2010_0123_221822.jpg th_2010_0123_2220061.jpg

th_2010_0123_222035.jpg th_2010_0124_003534.jpg

No solution in sight, it actually got worse in that they have close the last "shady" loopholes. We have started working on the car again to finish it and sell in the US. I'll need to thrash it for a weeks vacation though!

Feel free to contact me if you are interested. As you can imagine this is not a cheap build in any way, so serious inquiries only please.

Is there a military option some how....find a friend or know a friend whome you can sale it to cheep and let them ship it over Via Military shipping or how ever they do it then they can get it registered cheeper and you buy it some how? Just wondering?

Mike