Sign in to follow this  
coz

UP auction round two....

This is a pretty sad sight. Weren't they buying running 67/68 cars to convert them and then sell them as Shelbys? Which in effect means they bought a running driving car, took it apart, then got busted, meaning a lot of good cars were taken off the road.

I bet half of them will rot away or get scrapped.

Yea, they were busted transfering vin / trim tags from one to another. Thats why state of TX will not issue a title ( not even a salvage) for any of them.

It must be the same in other states?

I talked to a guy who worked there, and it was an assembly line. If I came in and ordered one and wanted it sooner than say yours that was all most finished. They'd say it will cost more money, I had it and paid xtra to get it sooner. Once I left they would just swap the tags and sell yours to me!

You would get the dreaded phone call saying something happened on the vin numbers and yours would have to start over!

Not sure who ratted 'em out, but believe I may have talked to him?

I do know that all those tool box's with tools were the former employes who worked there. TX had no sorrow for them either!

Here you go, another unload from the same guy! Go figure?

You keep saying "unload" like he got screwed over, he maybe doubling his money.

I do not fell sorry for anyone who paid that much money for a basic fastback with a body kit on it. Anyone who actually thought they where getting something as good as a real Shelby is a dumb ass. The cars are nothing more than really nice fastbacks with body kits, if you thought they where anymore than that you should have lost your money. This rich idiots paid a ton, they should have took that money and either bought a real Shelby or a 428cj car.

As for the title issue very few people know what they really have. Unless you bought a car new or while restoring it found the original documents under the seats or wrapped around the cluster cabling who knows what you are driving.

I enjoy buying nice old cars and having fun with them. If I had the funds to buy a real keeper car like a Shelby or a CJ car I would research research research before dropping any serious money on it.

TO be honest the UP cars where not even done right in my opinion. There is a guy on VMF who has the car that should be built. He has the Eleanor car with the 03 cobra motor in it, THAT IS BAD ASS!!