Sign in to follow this  
Gazoo

How 'Bout Something Different - Got a Car Collection?

Ok, if you're like me, you've probably been collecting Hot Wheels, Matchbox cars, Model Cars, Die-Casts, Tonkas, R/Cs, Slot Cars, anything with wheels, since you were a little kid, right??

So, what does your collection look like? Show us some pictures! Here's my cabinet. The contents change regularly, and presently is a mish-mash of die-casts, hot wheels, and models. I still can't walk past the toy section at WalMart without pausing to have a look - the wife just rolls her eyes.

Hope the picture size is OK, I don't do so well at the uploading thing.

Cheers!

That's a cool collection. I had tons of hotwheels when I was a kid but I destroyed them all. Probably smashed up a small fortune. I have a few larger diecast cars like a black 70 Boss 302 and some 65's now and I still build model cars when I have the time. That's one of the main things growing up that got me into cars. One that I always remember was a model kit of a 2.3 Ford 4cyl engine that had all the moving parts. It had a electric motor that spun it over and you could watch all the moving parts inside. The block, head. oil pan and valve cover was clear plastic and you could see the pistons, cam, valves all work when you got done.

i've had so many over the years it isn't even funny, and had several of the really high dollar ones in excellent shape for being played with, gave them all to a friends little brother after i got tired of moving them all the time. wish i'd never done that, but oh well. i'd post pics of my current collection but most of it's all boxed up and the ones that aren't so dusty you wouldn't be able to tell what they are. i plan on eventually building a giant diorama, probably end up being an entire small town when i'm done and that's actually the plan but i have no idea how long it will take me to build it. i do i know i'll probably have several thousand dollars worth of buildings, scenery and miscellaneous structures by the time it's all done, though. god the wife is gonna kill me over that too.:whistling:

Slime gold, I had one of those visible engines too when I was younger except it was a V8 - kind of a generic SB Chev variant - even had spark plugs (bulbs) that lit up in time with the engine. It ran on a couple of D cells, and turned over at about cranking speed. Of course, I wanted "faster!" so I hooked it up to more batteries in series until it was really cooking along - for a bout half a minute until the crank broke. :(

Geez, that's eerily like real life, ain't it?

I managed to fix the crank, but the cam broke next so I kind of gave up on it. I still have the block and most parts of it somewhere in the basement. I'd love to build another one, maybe this time fashion some shims for BEARINGS.... haha

You mean the blue Chevy truck Mace? Don't think it's specifically the CHiPs truck, but it is close.

I wish too that I still had all the HotWheels, Tonkas, and models that I beat into oblivion. To only be young again...