Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

1st, 1st Place at White Rock Show

Got our 1st place plack in the 79 and under mustang class. 4 really nice cars and it was a freakin perticapant judged event!

We about jumped out of our shoes!

The fastback and thr bresto mod 69 wrer nice, but to win over that 64 1/2 was a real shocker. that car is nice!

Here is a few more pics.

Check out the Grey / blacked out hood on the 69? What do ya'll think about it?

We were a little early for this one, but super weather again! Next time I'll get some pics of these hot TX women that show up for these. Ha ha !!!

Congratulations on the win. It was a great day for a show. I thought about checking it out, but had to many other things to do. I saw the blue 69 convert at AER yesterday. You must have a realy nice car to have beaten it.

Larry

Congrats on the trophy. You tend to underplay it, but yours is a nice car.

I don't care for the gray hood on the blue convertible. Black or a gloss silver would look better. However, It looks like it's got the "Mustang" plaque on the passenger dash -- that's a pretty rare item (Boss 302s only I think), although they are repro-ed now I think

Congrats on the trophy. You tend to underplay it, but yours is a nice car.

I don't care for the gray hood on the blue convertible. Black or a gloss silver would look better. However, It looks like it's got the "Mustang" plaque on the passenger dash -- that's a pretty rare item (Boss 302s only I think), although they are repro-ed now I think

the mustang plaque came on any deluxe interior mustang that was not a mach 1 or a grande, GT's, deluxe coupes and fastbacks even plain old 6 popper cars that were ordered with the deluxe interior.

D.reese congrats on the 1st place....i'm hoping that with a little more detail work on my car and some wet sanding and buffing and a little touch-up paint here and there and repainting the engine bay that my car will bring home a 1st next time.

BTW, the blue vert is the marble motors car, he is a member here too. i think the hood looks nice but i would have liked to see it with more of a flat metallic finish, like a flat titanium color or something. i've been trying like hell to get Pak to do that on his car forever since i think it would look so bad ass with that gunmetal blue color he picked out but he won't have anything to do with it....so he's going with the regular blackout, if i hadn't painted my car acapulco blue i would have done it myself. i also think my idea would look especially bitchin on a black car.

I truly didn't notice the hood till I got home and loaded the pic's. I like it in the pics and was wishing I could of seen the car with the hood down! I like the scoop in that color for sure. The wife said she talked to the owner and he told her he just purchased the stang, so I'm not sure but the car could of changed hands.

I hope to see it again this week end at the Garland show sat. evening and possibly get to meet him there! To stack up against any of those cars was really a surprize to us!

Thanks again for all the nice complements!!!

The fastback and thr bresto mod 69 wrer nice, but to win over that 64 1/2 was a real shocker. that car is nice!

Boy, what are the odds that you are at a show with only 4 stangs and one happens to be another 69' vert. And that vert has Breasts (I can't see them in the pics but I take your word for it) and you still beat it. They must have been covered up with a bra or else you may have gotten second.:shifty:

Congrats on the win!

Hey PAK, go to this site for really good pics of the 69 restomod. It looked just like this at the show. Breast's and all! Hey and for all I know he could of been in another class, my wife told me he was in the same one we were in. I took pics of all the others but did not look at the blue ones reg. card. I could be way off here!

http://www.marblesmotors.com/Stang69.htm

If you go to the home link this car is listed under his ex cars! That baby looks great to me. Courious how much it sold for?

Hey PAK, go to this site for really good pics of the 69 restomod. It looked just like this at the show. Breast's and all! Hey and for all I know he could of been in another class, my wife told me he was in the same one we were in. I took pics of all the others but did not look at the blue ones reg. card. I could be way off here!

http://www.marblesmotors.com/Stang69.htm

If you go to the home link this car is listed under his ex cars! That baby looks great to me. Courious how much it sold for?

Yeah, we've had pictures of that car posted here on more than one occasion, I hadn't seen it with the black out hood yet though.

Pak, the hood is not blacked out in black, its still the grey color. What do you think of the grey? Would you do your like it?

I know but it doesn't sound right to say the grayed out hood, that makes no sense. It's OK I guess, not sure if it fits on that car though. I'll have alot of other black on my car like the GT stripe, tail panel, interior, wheel centers, conv top etc...so I have no reason not to use the black on my car. I guess it's no different than people doing it in gloss, it just becomes a design element instead of a functional piece of equipment. To me it's not like a stripe which can be done in any color you want I guess, it served a purpose. If you had a black, silver or gray car then I think it would look better but I just don't see it being an improvement over black on any other color. If you are going to do it custom than make the car a true two tone paint job front to back and be done with it. When I look at those pics it looks to me like either someone made a color mistake or it got bleached out or accidentally waxed.

I hear ya, we were set on the blacked out hood and would of done it if the hood came out rough. I do agree with your black trend, simular to ours, but I wonder sometimes if it would be too much black? We do like the black out hood look, if i did it, it would have to be factory Flat Black. Which the best I remember it is, right?