Sign in to follow this  
UnrulySchoolboy

Reproduction Clutch Pedals!

Times to celebrate! I was just on the Modern Driveline site and read this:

1969-70 Clutch Pedals are here! The Modern Driveline new and improved clutch pedal for 1969-1970 Mustangs and Cougars are arriving now. It features stock appearance with a design feature which allows for easier installation.

Stay tuned for details and photos.

There's still no product listing or price but, Let's Be Happy People! :clap::clap::clap:

if anyone needs a clutch pedal, i can make some if i can borrow or rent a spare for a few days to make a pattern. i can probably make them alot cheaper than what some of the repops of the earlier models are selling for (mustangs unlimited- $129)

just a thought...

I talked to Bruce today. Great guy. He said the pedal is now available for $165.00. It's not a complete assembly, but a retrofit to an automatic assembly. Sounds like a very nice alternative to an original '69 overpriced unit. I'll be placing an order as soon as I'm ready for it.

oh hell yeah! This has been a long time coming, now I don't have to steal my sisters peddles from her fastback (shes got an auto, it used to be a 4 speed car) so iv been eyeing them for a while. She wants to put stick in at some point, so now ill let her keep her peddles.:biggrin:

Awesome!

Hey Mr. "I've bought all the '69 Mustang Clutch Pedals in the World and I'm Selling Them at $500 a Pop on EBay", your days are OVER! (And I hope you frakkin' go hungry!)

Oh my the bitterness! I say if someone is smart enough to see an opportunity, take advantage of it and sell it for whatever the market will bare then all the power to you. Only a fool or a saint gives it away for less than that.

Anyone out there want to sell me their car for half it's market value just to be nice? I'll pay cash!

LOL, Pak, I have no issue really with the guy doing what he did. Heck, I wish I was smart enough to beat him to it.

I'm just really, really, really, really glad to see his monopoly broken, that's all. Competition is always a good thing.

What I'm actually peeved about is that it took so long for somebody else to break into the business of fabbing and selling these things.

And it would be silly to vent our collective anger at the guys who are finally stepping up to the plate, wouldn't it?

C'mon, enjoy a little schadenfreude with me. It's oh-so-delicious.

I have no problem with what the guy does with the assemblies. His time is worth something. After all, judging by the pictures it literally is a new piece. I just needed a pedal, didn't need the whole deal.

That was my only problem with his deal, too. Hardly anybody needs the brake pedal. It's kind of like having to pay for Oxygen and Lifetime when I buy my cable package....and don't even get me started on that! :tongue_smilie:

HAHA, yeah, I hate paying for those useless channels too.

I think the big reason no one stepped up before is just liability, huge differenc ein reselling an old part that someone intends to cobble up vs. a new [art that somone intends to cobble up. I mean how do you disclaim that a clutch pedal is for off road use only, which initself is laughable even with the guys that put that on suspension parts. How many off road Mustang customers could there possibly be to make it worth while to make a new part if that was at all true or applicable.

Just got back from Boise last night. Went and saw Bruce at Modern Driveline to get one of his clutch pedals. Super nice guy and very helpful. Paid $160.00 for the pedal and $35.00 for the bearing/bushing assembly. Quality piece. I think it will be well worth the investment.