Sign in to follow this  
69stang

Value this parts car!

1969 Grande not running

Wierd, front shock tower is so bent one wheel is about 3 inches further forward (wtf)

Body is 100% shot. (think the rear trunk is the only part of the car that doesnt have rust holes through it, not to mention a ton of bondo)

351 Windsor (runs if you pour gas into the carb, only heard it run for like 30 seconds but no smoke or noticable knocks/noise)

FMX trans (not sure if it works)

9" Rear

Has the woodgrain clock/dash panel in pretty good shape, door panels are shot, back panels by rear seats look good.

Seats are badly recovered.

No floorboard giant holes from a guy who came and put his foot through in 3 places, even though it says in the ad floors are no good (jerk)

Drum brakes

Pretty much has everything I need for my V8 swap and not much else... what would you give it value wise

I need the FMX...none of my parts guys will get rid of theirs...:(

This question is a toughy....I don't see that anything in the 750-1500 range would be a rip-off to either side. If your guy knows he has vintage parts, the cost may go up, but I wouldn't give more than 2K for the priveledge of driving the 69 v8-no matter how many parts came with it.

These are unibody cars, so you can pretty much tell the guy that the body damage shoots the value of the car...what he has of value is all working parts, and the glass, 'natch.

$500 to $850.

I bought mine for $5,000.00 and was able to drive it away with a quick clean out and new plugs/wires etc.

If you're only buying it for the parts then value it based on the parts, not the entire car. What are you willing to pay for the parts you need? That should be your offer.

My $0.02

The trick isn't what the car is worth to him, it's what the engine is worth to YOUR car. You can get a 302 from autozone for what, $600? A great crate engine you can get for $5000. Either of these options you can see as being "downgrading" to your ride since it isn't '69 material.

If you're just hopping to get a V8-I'd say this one is your best option-since guys are very lenient with "got rid of the 6" stories....The fact that you can get parts/glass/resale-the-rest is just a bonus. Pay the guy what you feel comfortable with. Don't forget they stopped making 69's in 1970. (38 years ago?) It's not just 'classic' at this stage...when the old lady starts in on you say, "It's not just junk...it's ANTIQUE junk."

I paid a guy's $450 asking price for a truck because I wanted the 4-spd. Why waste the time haggling about the price when it's obviously a win-win? He got his money, I got my tranny, and a WHOLE bunch more. At the time, it was just an old truck...but I saw it as a collection of vintage parts. Ford also stopped making that truck-so there IS a degree of irreplacability to this game.