Sign in to follow this  
SM69Mach

My 69 MACH 1 Project

Just wanted to share some pics since I have been lurking for a while. First kudos on a great site with great info. From this site I was able to upgrade to 70 Bolt in side windows, which to me was the best upgrade on the car so far.

As for the car, it is a 69 S code MACH 1. My dad bought it in 1991, where it was driven on a off for a few years, until 1998, when the motor blew up and then it sat for years. Well 2 years ago, I went and got the car and started getting it ready for the road. I rebuilt the motor and had the tranny rebuilt, added a small cam, alum intake and long tubes.

Here is what it looked like when I picked it up

2-25_DSC00002.JPG

Drove it for a bit and then this year I rebuilt all of the suspension. Used the Laurel Mountain Suspension kit, front and rear and 620 1" lowering springs, shelby drop, and mid eye rears with 2 in lowering blocks in the rear. Running Bullitt style wheels from a late model 17X8 with 245/45/18's up front, 18X10 with 305/3/18's out back. Have to still rebuild the rear, and some work on the inside, and some body and paint work left.

Here is how it sits now

3-22-08_Lowered_1.jpg

3-22-08_Lowered_4.jpg

Again, great site and will be keeping an eye out for more great info

Just wanted to share some pics since I have been lurking for a while. First kudos on a great site with great info. From this site I was able to upgrade to 70 Bolt in side windows, which to me was the best upgrade on the car so far.

As for the car, it is a 69 S code MACH 1. My dad bought it in 1991, where it was driven on a off for a few years, until 1998, when the motor blew up and then it sat for years. Well 2 years ago, I went and got the car and started getting it ready for the road. I rebuilt the motor and had the tranny rebuilt, added a small cam, alum intake and long tubes.

Here is what it looked like when I picked it up

2-25_DSC00002.JPG

Drove it for a bit and then this year I rebuilt all of the suspension. Used the Laurel Mountain Suspension kit, front and rear and 620 1" lowering springs, shelby drop, and mid eye rears with 2 in lowering blocks in the rear. Running Bullitt style wheels from a late model 17X8 with 245/45/18's up front, 18X10 with 305/3/18's out back. Have to still rebuild the rear, and some work on the inside, and some body and paint work left.

Here is how it sits now

3-22-08_Lowered_1.jpg

3-22-08_Lowered_4.jpg

Again, great site and will be keeping an eye out for more great info