Sign in to follow this  
69stang

Comments on plans for build

just keep your eye out for the carb, they pop up pretty regularly and don't limit our search to just 4011. i would also try 650 holley, spreadbore holley, spreadbore (by itself) and even 4010, the sqaure bore version, and maybe even quadrajet replacement or anything else you can think of.

i've noticed that everyone is pretty much staying away from the spreadbore topic anymore too BTW and they all have good points as well about other intake carb combos, so don't limit yourself to this combo, though it should be a good one when you get it done.

Well the thing is, i like the idea of the "dual mode" that this car would have going on.

Spread bore Carb- tiny primaries for good gas mileage and low end torque, with huge secondaries for when i want to stomp on it.

Dual Port Intake- basically 2 manifolds in 1, suppose to be great for low end torque and mileage, yet good for when you stomp on it too

Dual Mode Muffler- Quiet and good for back pressure (don't know how much difference it really makes, but when floored gets crazy loud and better straight through flow.

I love the idea of good gas mileage, throttle response etc but when i want to be an idiot, i can still have a lot of fun. I know I will lose some power that way on both ends compared to if i built it normally, but I prefer an all around car.

My mustang is my daily driver and I want to keep it that way. With gas prices climbing how they are, its important for me to do what i can. After I am done with the engine and all, I plan on shedding extra weight from the car. I would love to do a Carbon Kevlar hood or something, though I haven't found any made for 69's and they'd probably be too expensive none the less.

On 2008-05-02 at 10:30 AM, bnickel said:

... gotta tell you though that one of the best intakes ever made for the small block ford is the cobra hi-rise style, same as the ford muscle parts C90X intake, the ford motorsport a-321, the edelbrock F-4B and the new Weiand Action Plus intake is very similar as well. it's not a spreadbore intake but you could always try it with an adapter or use an Edelbrock performer carb instead. i had a 600 carter AFB (same as the e'brock performer) on my last 351w and it was a great carb, i got the best mileage out of my car ever with that carb, 24mpg out of a 351 in a 69 stang with no overdrive and a 3.25 gear ain't too shabby ya know what i mean...

I'm almost 10 years behind this thread but I just bought a C90x on the weekend and not trying to pair it wi a carb. 351w Engine is being rebuilt but I don't know the condition of the engine just. Planning a mild cam and I've got access to some cheap but excellent quality rings, bearings and pistons. Did you stay with 600 cfm or did you go higher. I'm leaning to Carter or Holley but possibly going up to 650.