Sign in to follow this  
70MACH-Dreamer

How to get Cornholed by the local Garage

I can respect the one on one, you did great!

Whats next with your money and the AW? Are you saying its now chalked up to a bad exsperience??

I'd paint his ass all over the the counter at the local court level, especially since he admits to the discount ( excuss me--PRICE GOUGING).

Your cost was't billed correctly, it was creative billing for the months overhead!!!

Know him and his company for what they are about! They soak customers for all they can, think of the ones that have there cars in there for exstensive restoring. Can you amagine 1 yr turns into 2-3 yrs. Cost can and does double or triple. I lay a weeks check they charge for storage on a car not worked on lack of money coming in!!!

Beware full pc of shit!

Left out - Can't help but wonder how many vehickles he has scamed for non pay with a lein on 'em in TX?

Where to next? Go back to the legal site I posted for you and follow thru to the hilt!!!

Whats next with your money and the AW? Are you saying its now chalked up to a bad exsperience??

I'd paint his ass all over the the counter at the local court level, especially since he admits to the discount ( excuss me--PRICE GOUGING).

Your cost was't billed correctly, it was creative billing for the months overhead!!!

Know him and his company for what they are about! They soak customers for all they can, think of the ones that have there cars in there for exstensive restoring. Can you amagine 1 yr turns into 2-3 yrs. Cost can and does double or triple. I lay a weeks check they charge for storage on a car not worked on lack of money coming in!!!

Beware full pc of shit!

Left out - Can't help but wonder how many vehickles he has scamed for non pay with a lein on 'em in TX?

Where to next? Go back to the legal site I posted for you and follow thru to the hilt!!!

i was a licensed state inspector for several years and know for a fact that nobody ever checks nor would fail to pass a car for non working side marker or backup lights, in fact i drove my car for about 20 years with nothing filling the rear marker light holes because i somehow managed to lose them during one of my earlier resto attempts

i was a licensed state inspector for several years and know for a fact that nobody ever checks nor would fail to pass a car for non working side marker or backup lights, in fact i drove my car for about 20 years with nothing filling the rear marker light holes because i somehow managed to lose them during one of my earlier resto attempts

Wow, I did not expect that ending at all the way the convo was going. I say it's time to not be so nice and crank this up to the next level. His last comment no longer deserves your respect or calm. When I went back to return the lights I would tell him kindly in passing that you really feel bad that he could not be more fair about this and let him know how much you can in turn cost him as an unhappy customer and see how he likes getting raked over the coals. Tell him your brother in-law the lawyer suggests you contact the BBB and that you also intend to spread the word like wild fire at the local Mustang clubs of which you are a respected member just how disattisfied you were. I have no doubt he will get very red in the face and toss you out but in a day or two he may just come to his senses. It's also time I think to divulge the name of this business and get ready to post it around the Mustang internet.

BTW Bryan, I passed inspection in two different states with no working BU lights (TX was one of them) but came across a stickler in NH that failed me until I fixed it so I think it's a crap shoot.

Wow, I did not expect that ending at all the way the convo was going. I say it's time to not be so nice and crank this up to the next level. His last comment no longer deserves your respect or calm. When I went back to return the lights I would tell him kindly in passing that you really feel bad that he could not be more fair about this and let him know how much you can in turn cost him as an unhappy customer and see how he likes getting raked over the coals. Tell him your brother in-law the lawyer suggests you contact the BBB and that you also intend to spread the word like wild fire at the local Mustang clubs of which you are a respected member just how disattisfied you were. I have no doubt he will get very red in the face and toss you out but in a day or two he may just come to his senses. It's also time I think to divulge the name of this business and get ready to post it around the Mustang internet.

BTW Bryan, I passed inspection in two different states with no working BU lights (TX was one of them) but came across a stickler in NH that failed me until I fixed it so I think it's a crap shoot.

they may be required up there but they are not an insectable item here in Texas. the only way backup lights come into play in Texas state inspection if they stay on all the time at which time they either have to be fixed or disconnected altogether because it is a safety hazard at that point, otherwise they are not even checked.

they may be required up there but they are not an insectable item here in Texas. the only way backup lights come into play in Texas state inspection if they stay on all the time at which time they either have to be fixed or disconnected altogether because it is a safety hazard at that point, otherwise they are not even checked.

Well, I just left the mechanic to "discuss" the bill. ...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Reply: Well we didn’t really know how much it was going to cost......<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

......well you were ordering parts and people were working so you had to have some idea of where we were.<o:p></o:p>

2. I requested an estimate almost on a daily basis and got nothing nor a timeline.<o:p></o:p>

...I was a little slow getting you an estimate<o:p></o:p>...

But you guys aren't shrinks so why am telling you?<o:p></o:p>

I don't know about Texas Law, but my buddy here in Ohio has pointed out that the law is if you don't provide a written estimate that is signed for approval, the customer is only responsible for the first $25 of work. Maybe you should check on this angle.

Well, I just left the mechanic to "discuss" the bill. ...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Reply: Well we didn’t really know how much it was going to cost......<o:p></o:p>

......well you were ordering parts and people were working so you had to have some idea of where we were.<o:p></o:p>

2. I requested an estimate almost on a daily basis and got nothing nor a timeline.<o:p></o:p>

...I was a little slow getting you an estimate<o:p></o:p>...

But you guys aren't shrinks so why am telling you?<o:p></o:p>

I don't know about Texas Law, but my buddy here in Ohio has pointed out that the law is if you don't provide a written estimate that is signed for approval, the customer is only responsible for the first $25 of work. Maybe you should check on this angle.

Texas doesn't have an explicit law like that. From what I can gather, but I do have the option to take them to small claims court and put them in front of a jury.

I removed some of the parts and I plan on brining them up to the shop on Friday.

One more thing maybe you guys can help me figure this out. There is a charge that reads "Install Front axle Dust Caps". I have looked all over the axles for some new dust caps but cant find any. I've looked on the upper and lower arms and any other logical place, but I dont see any new dust caps. Where else would these "Dust Caps" be? I want to be able to question them on that when I return the other parts, but I want to make sure I've got my ducks in a row.

Texas doesn't have an explicit law like that. From what I can gather, but I do have the option to take them to small claims court and put them in front of a jury.

I removed some of the parts and I plan on brining them up to the shop on Friday.

One more thing maybe you guys can help me figure this out. There is a charge that reads "Install Front axle Dust Caps". I have looked all over the axles for some new dust caps but cant find any. I've looked on the upper and lower arms and any other logical place, but I dont see any new dust caps. Where else would these "Dust Caps" be? I want to be able to question them on that when I return the other parts, but I want to make sure I've got my ducks in a row.

When I looked at the order originally I assumed it was at the end of each axle like they inspected the brakes and added them, but I could be wrong.

When I looked at the order originally I assumed it was at the end of each axle like they inspected the brakes and added them, but I could be wrong.

Beware full pc of shit!

I am taking actions to get this corrected. I am trieing to give them every opportunity to make this right. When I bring back the parts and they don't elect to do the right thing, I have let him know I will be taking further actions.

Beware full pc of shit!

I am taking actions to get this corrected. I am trieing to give them every opportunity to make this right. When I bring back the parts and they don't elect to do the right thing, I have let him know I will be taking further actions.

Well there is also a charge in the "parts" section for "2 Frt Wheel Dust Caps". I dont see new dust caps. It's not a large amount of money but it does show a pattern.

Well there is also a charge in the "parts" section for "2 Frt Wheel Dust Caps". I dont see new dust caps. It's not a large amount of money but it does show a pattern.

One more thing maybe you guys can help me figure this out. There is a charge that reads "Install Front axle Dust Caps". I have looked all over the axles for some new dust caps but cant find any.[\quote]

LOL! I saw that line item, and I was lost then. No help here. If you wind up in court, you can have a pretty easy..."What is this?" "Is that needed for inspection?" line of proof. (let alone your $700 radiator.)

Sorry to hear about that law, all my buddy's invoices have it printed on them, and there are two signature boxes. I brought it up to him in jest, and he said, "You're the first one to ever notice that!"...then he stopped working on my vehicles....

One more thing maybe you guys can help me figure this out. There is a charge that reads "Install Front axle Dust Caps". I have looked all over the axles for some new dust caps but cant find any.[\quote]

LOL! I saw that line item, and I was lost then. No help here. If you wind up in court, you can have a pretty easy..."What is this?" "Is that needed for inspection?" line of proof. (let alone your $700 radiator.)

Sorry to hear about that law, all my buddy's invoices have it printed on them, and there are two signature boxes. I brought it up to him in jest, and he said, "You're the first one to ever notice that!"...then he stopped working on my vehicles....

That's probably supposed to be them then. So you took the wheel off already and checked then? Charging seperately to install that is ridiculous in any case, it literally takes a minute to snap them on so even if he gets $60 an hour that's a $1 charge, not $10.

That's probably supposed to be them then. So you took the wheel off already and checked then? Charging seperately to install that is ridiculous in any case, it literally takes a minute to snap them on so even if he gets $60 an hour that's a $1 charge, not $10.

The conversation was a little more tense then it may have read. I have a tendency to be sarcastic and he was visibly upset throught out the conversation despite the word choices. I neglected to mention that at some point during the conversation he told me.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Every once in a while we get someone like you, who isn't grateful for what we did for them and we end up getting vandalized"

I have no intention of vandalizing you shop, but if need be I will take other actions like notifing the BBB and making sure every mustang owner I ever come across is aware of what has happend to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

We talked for about 20 mins so I'm sure there are other things that were said that I didn't write.

I want to give them every opportunity to make this right before I drop there name.

The conversation was a little more tense then it may have read. I have a tendency to be sarcastic and he was visibly upset throught out the conversation despite the word choices. I neglected to mention that at some point during the conversation he told me.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Every once in a while we get someone like you, who isn't grateful for what we did for them and we end up getting vandalized"

I have no intention of vandalizing you shop, but if need be I will take other actions like notifing the BBB and making sure every mustang owner I ever come across is aware of what has happend to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

We talked for about 20 mins so I'm sure there are other things that were said that I didn't write.

I want to give them every opportunity to make this right before I drop there name.

Actually it looks like they charge $75/hr. I caught that when he showed me that they spent 3:15 on R&R the radiator. $243.75 / 75 = 3:15