Sign in to follow this  
Hendog

Rack and Pinion

WOW. Drove my fastback today for the first time since I installed a Randalls rack and pinion. It is like driving a different car. No more slop in the steering at all. The install was pretty easy. I think it was money well spent. Everyone on here should do themselves a favor and upgrade to a rack/pinion, I don't think you'll be sorry.

Went with power. Thats the only way Randalls comes, I think. If you want to drive the car somewhere other than a track, power is the way to go. I purchased randalls pump also, it's a nice unit. If you can ever afford a rack, you won't be sorry.

yeah my cougar is getting a TCP rack, only because i found a super deal on it on ebay one day, paid a total of $250 shipping and all for it because the guy had it listed it funny. it is just the rack itself though and i'll still have to buy the install kit from TCP for another $500 or so, but for less than $800 bucks total for a tcp rack i couldn't pass it up. if it hadn't been for that i would have gone with randalls kit, i've never heard a single bad thing about randalls rack kit and only ever heard one bad thing about the service and that was immediately after a bad death in his family so i think that one was acceptable under the circumstances.

the coug will also be getting a TCP G-bar rear setup, sub-frames, a whole bunch of Opentracker goodies (maybe even a custom ORP coilover kit) and i had been considering using one of the CPP front lower a arm conversions but the more i think about i just can't bring myself to cut a 64,000 mile car like that, so ORP stuff it is and hopefully the custom coilover kit. will also be getting a much better braking system as well with a vintage venom Crown Vic style rea kit and probably a discbrakeswap.com 67 style front kit or maybe the PBR caliper kit version if he has it done by the time i get ready to start on the coug.

That was a pretty sweet deal on that tcp rack, I probably would have purchased it also. The thing that sold me on randalls rack was the pump. The tcp uses that remote reservoir and I wasn't to wild about that. Randalls also seemed a little easier to install and it wasn't hard. I put tcp's front coilover kit on mine so thier rack would have been sweet on there also. I also would love one of thier g-bar kits in the back but may just go with their reverse eye leaf settup and will definately install subframe connectors. Can't wait but my funds are low now. You're right about your coug, I could,nt cut on it either.

simply get a card reader, costs about $5.00, and you just pull the card out of the camera and put it in the card reader. your windows should recognize it and give you a program to download them toa folder. easy. it's the only way I do it

simply get a card reader, costs about $5.00, and you just pull the card out of the camera and put it in the card reader. your windows should recognize it and give you a program to download them toa folder. easy. it's the only way I do it

Doesn't matter, he will just find another excuse, like the card reader blew out his USB port or something. Trust me, I know, I've been trying to see a pic of this supposed cougar for years now but good ole Nessie eludes you at each turn.:whistling: Never seemed to be a problem with pics of the Mustang though, hmmmmmmmmm?

Doesn't matter, he will just find another excuse, like the card reader blew out his USB port or something. Trust me, I know, I've been trying to see a pic of this supposed cougar for years now but good ole Nessie eludes you at each turn.:whistling: Never seemed to be a problem with pics of the Mustang though, hmmmmmmmmm?

actually it was the card reader that wiped out the first set of pics i took of the coug and the mustang pics were taken with buddies cannon digi cam and it works with my computer just fine. i'll get some pics, when i'm good and ready :tongue: and have time, still trying to get the cougar water tight and the stang is getting ready for it's car show debut next weekend. i've got a bunch of parts i need to put up on ebay anyway so i'll get it sorted out and when i do i'll post the pics. and i'll send pak about 15 emails with all the pics he's been complaining about missing since i decided to buy this car last spring, one pic for every day since then......:double fuck:

i've been very techno challenged lately and i'll be getting a new computer to replace my old one whenever my dad sends it to me. i've been using my daughters for almost 2 months because mine fried the motherboard. probably why i haven't been able to get anything to work since her computer is way different than mine was and doesn't have the same programs loaded on it. not an excuse just a thought......

actually it was the card reader that wiped out the first set of pics i took of the coug and the mustang pics were taken with buddies cannon digi cam and it works with my computer just fine. i'll get some pics, when i'm good and ready :tongue: and have time, still trying to get the cougar water tight and the stang is getting ready for it's car show debut next weekend. i've got a bunch of parts i need to put up on ebay anyway so i'll get it sorted out and when i do i'll post the pics. and i'll send pak about 15 emails with all the pics he's been complaining about missing since i decided to buy this car last spring, one pic for every day since then......:double fuck:

i've been very techno challenged lately and i'll be getting a new computer to replace my old one whenever my dad sends it to me. i've been using my daughters for almost 2 months because mine fried the motherboard. probably why i haven't been able to get anything to work since her computer is way different than mine was and doesn't have the same programs loaded on it. not an excuse just a thought......

WOW. Drove my fastback today for the first time since I installed a Randalls rack and pinion. It is like driving a different car. No more slop in the steering at all. The install was pretty easy. I think it was money well spent. Everyone on here should do themselves a favor and upgrade to a rack/pinion, I don't think you'll be sorry.

I've heard that the r&p steering greatly reduces your turning radius. Have you noticed a change?

I've heard that the r&p steering greatly reduces your turning radius. Have you noticed a change?

I was thinking of a Randall rack for 69 also. Just currious if yours has beeing working well for you.

Thanks

Steve69

Steve69, the rack works great, handles excellent, the only thing i don't like is the pump grones some while turning the wheels while the car is stopped, other than that it's pretty awsome. If i did it again i might go non power.

I to also installed the Randalls Rack..... It's like having a heart transplant as it is now a different car....... Now I have to tighten up the back end - starting with shocks as she wallows a bit now.... Personally the PS pump makes less noise than my F-150 when wheels are clocked all the way to one side......

Should have made this investment years ago.....