Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Fiero Seats

Not my best work but I did up a quickie of option one during lunch for you (dropped a glob of tuna on my keyboard too, yuck). I had to fake in some texture to give it the comfort weave look and I left it slightly contrasting so that could be seen but you get the idea. It'll take just a few seconds to move the strap up for the option 2 look-see.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2876&d=1208540595

I think if he is willing to manually splice this strap into the upper portion for you (since the pattern isn't made for this) than option 2 is probably closer to the actual mach seat proportions. Option 1 is obviously the easiest for him to do though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2877&d=1208541597

I think if he is willing to manually splice this strap into the upper portion for you (since the pattern isn't made for this) than option 2 is probably closer to the actual mach seat proportions. Option 1 is obviously the easiest for him to do though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2877&d=1208541597

Since I was changing it to grey I figured I'd move it up to below the head rest too, not sure what to think now. I think I like the placement of option 2 the best. In either case if you did 2 or 3 I would consider getting the actual measurement of the correct height from someone and give him that info. I'm half thinking all black is the way to go though with no stripe at all since it's all a custom app anyway.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2878&d=1208543473

Since I was changing it to grey I figured I'd move it up to below the head rest too, not sure what to think now. I think I like the placement of option 2 the best. In either case if you did 2 or 3 I would consider getting the actual measurement of the correct height from someone and give him that info. I'm half thinking all black is the way to go though with no stripe at all since it's all a custom app anyway.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2878&d=1208543473

Thanks for your help. Sorry about the tuna.

LOL, no worries. It stinks a little and I accidentally blew it down further with the air gun by accidnet but I just swapped it with my neighbors keyboard, he won't be back from vaca for another week, so it's his problem now.

Thanks for your help. Sorry about the tuna.

LOL, no worries. It stinks a little and I accidentally blew it down further with the air gun by accidnet but I just swapped it with my neighbors keyboard, he won't be back from vaca for another week, so it's his problem now.

Pak,

I talked to Mike and he says he can tuft the comfortweave just like the originals and I'm prety sure he can stop the weave below the stripe and continue above the stripe and the headreast with solid black.

I'm thinking of going for it, but the original weave material is gonna' cost me $95.00 per yard. I can't find a placeto buy reproduction.

Anyway, if this works, I told him he may need to add a new line of covers to his inventory.

Pak,

I talked to Mike and he says he can tuft the comfortweave just like the originals and I'm prety sure he can stop the weave below the stripe and continue above the stripe and the headreast with solid black.

I'm thinking of going for it, but the original weave material is gonna' cost me $95.00 per yard. I can't find a placeto buy reproduction.

Anyway, if this works, I told him he may need to add a new line of covers to his inventory.

Cool, good luck, can't wait to see it. So where did you decide to place the stripe then? I wasn't even thinking of the space above the stripe being solid whern I did opt. 1&2 for some reason.

Cool, good luck, can't wait to see it. So where did you decide to place the stripe then? I wasn't even thinking of the space above the stripe being solid whern I did opt. 1&2 for some reason.

The latest from Mike:

Hi Mace,

I think this may be one of those “got to see it in real life” situations.

The color straps apply on top of the insert materials; meaning the insert panels will be cut from the usual pattern and at that time the color strap can be placed (not sewn) here – or here – or here and pictures taken for your approval.

It will give me a chance to see it in person too, and give you my (ahumm) expert opinion ;)

I don’t feel that the photo shop addition of the color strap at the base of the headrest are accurate; it gives the impression that the top of the insert panels have a lot of curve in them, they do not, if fact the “Logo Panel” is quite flat (that’s what we call them as that is where the logos go, and 99% of my customers request logos).

It is the headrest that bulges out from that point, the logo panel is not all that sucked in at that point.

The latest from Mike:

Hi Mace,

The color straps apply on top of the insert materials; meaning the insert panels will be cut from the usual pattern and at that time the color strap can be placed (not sewn) here – or here – or here and pictures taken for your approval.

It will give me a chance to see it in person too, and give you my (ahumm) expert opinion ;)

I don’t feel that the photo shop addition of the color strap at the base of the headrest are accurate; it gives the impression that the top of the insert panels have a lot of curve in them, they do not, if fact the “Logo Panel” is quite flat (that’s what we call them as that is where the logos go, and 99% of my customers request logos).

It is the headrest that bulges out from that point, the logo panel is not all that sucked in at that point.

The latest from Mike:

Hi Mace,

Well, I wasn't exactly striving for accuracy so much as a quick look-see, the nerve of that (ahumm) expert. If I had known you were sending them to him I would have spent a few weeks on it. :biggrin:

Well, it sounds like if it is an overlay and not stitched & turned into the pattern then so you can put it anywhere you like so you should be satisfied with the placement. I assume they are going to do a fold and pressed edge on it that way and not leave a raw edge so the strap will appear a tad bulkier than the real mach seat but the look is more what you are after here anyway. Since the overall height of the Fiero seat is pretty close to the stock highback I would get the measurement from the top of the headrest to the top of the strap and give him that as a starting point.

BTW lazy ass, look how much easier his email is to read when you take 6.3 seconds to remove all the invalid font crap.:whistling:

The latest from Mike:

Hi Mace,

Well, I wasn't exactly striving for accuracy so much as a quick look-see, the nerve of that (ahumm) expert. If I had known you were sending them to him I would have spent a few weeks on it. :biggrin:

Well, it sounds like if it is an overlay and not stitched & turned into the pattern then so you can put it anywhere you like so you should be satisfied with the placement. I assume they are going to do a fold and pressed edge on it that way and not leave a raw edge so the strap will appear a tad bulkier than the real mach seat but the look is more what you are after here anyway. Since the overall height of the Fiero seat is pretty close to the stock highback I would get the measurement from the top of the headrest to the top of the strap and give him that as a starting point.

BTW lazy ass, look how much easier his email is to read when you take 6.3 seconds to remove all the invalid font crap.:whistling: