Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Fiero Seats

So Pak,

I went to get the original '69 comfortweave material and the guy only had 1-1/2 yards left at $85.00 per yard. I bought all he had. While I was there I was looking at all the samples they have. All kinds, from all years, from all makes. They even had some 60's psychodelic stuff. I found some other Ford comfortweave but I don't know what kind of car it came out of. It's a blue/black combo mix. Might look good in your car. I grabbed a sample for you if you want it. If so, PM me an address.

Mace

Don't tempt me man, I don't want to redo my seats already, I ain't even had road time in them yet.:shifty:

Bnickel may be interested though, he want's to do a black/blue theme in his new cougar.

So you think Mr. Mike can get by with 1 1/2 yards? Man I can't wait to see how these seats look!!!!!!

He says he can and he'll return whatever is left over. I scored another pair of seats this weekend. These are '84 and they're mint. I paid the guy $75.00 for them and he said he'd buy back the seat covers and the latch covers for $60.00 after I remove them. So I'll be in to the seats for $15.00!!!!!

Man, you are scoring all over the place. I would think you would want to retain the latch covers though if they aren't broken.

At some point in the future I would like to fool around with the idea of doing a long custom center console that goes from front to back and then add a set of buckets for the rear seats too, I think it could look really cool if it is done right.

BTW, one thing to know if you strip those seats before getting the Mr. Mike kit to sell them back. While he gives you new foam for the seat bottom, the curved lumbar type foam for the seat backs has to be cut away from the back side of the original seat cover and reused, it doesn't damage the cover in anyway from the outside but just FYI.

MrMike is really starting to piss me off. He told me he would have pictures sent to me three weeks ago. Now he won't return my calls or my emails. Can't figure out what the F*#@ is going on!

Hunh, that is so not like him, that makes no sense at all, he is all about customer service. Have you checked his website to see if he is on vacation? I remember that happened to me over the summer when I was first dealing with him but it was only a 2 week blackout period.

I'm sure there is a logical misunderstanding, keep your cool unless you plan to cancel your order. I have reccomended him to dozens of people and not one issue has popped up so far.

I think he finally got tired of me trying to get in touch with him, so he took the time today to cut the material and send me a picture. He says the covers will be sent out tomorrow.

Yeah they do! So far looks to be worth the wait and at least some of the aggrevation.

Edit: I think Mr. Mikes review of the quickie photochop I did for you was a little harsh now that I have a comparison of the real thing. I wasn't that far off in how it would look.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2878&d=1208543473

So...I scored the second set of Fiero seats and offer up the first pair I got for twenty bucks. This Jagoff over at VMF wants them real bad when I offer them up for the same price I paid for them. (twenty bucks). He asks me what I think shipping will cost. I'm in Oregon, he's in Indiana. So I tell him, "I can get them to Illinois as I have a construction project starting up, and from there I'll get them to Indiana as I have another project that will follow the Illinois project. You'll just have to wait afew months until all this goes down." He says, "no worries, I'm in no hurry. For twenty bucks and free shipping, can't beat a deal like that."

Fast forward. I get them to Illinois, then to Indiana (less than 60 miles from where this yahoo lives). I send him email after email as to where to pick them up and the phone number of my superintendent that has them. No response. The project in Indiana wraps up and my guy asks me what I want to do with these seats he's been lugging around. I tell him to throw them in the dumpster and be done with them.

I could give a crap about the twenty bucks. It's a matter of principle. I was just trying to help a fellow 'stanger out.

The Mother Fooker really pisses me off.

So...I scored the second set of Fiero seats and offer up the first pair I got for twenty bucks. This Jagoff over at VMF wants them real bad when I offer them up for the same price I paid for them. (twenty bucks). He asks me what I think shipping will cost. I'm in Oregon, he's in Indiana. So I tell him, "I can get them to Illinois as I have a construction project starting up, and from there I'll get them to Indiana as I have another project that will follow the Illinois project. You'll just have to wait afew months until all this goes down." He says, "no worries, I'm in no hurry. For twenty bucks and free shipping, can't beat a deal like that."

Fast forward. I get them to Illinois, then to Indiana (less than 60 miles from where this yahoo lives). I send him email after email as to where to pick them up and the phone number of my superintendent that has them. No response. The project in Indiana wraps up and my guy asks me what I want to do with these seats he's been lugging around. I tell him to throw them in the dumpster and be done with them.

I could give a crap about the twenty bucks. It's a matter of principle. I was just trying to help a fellow 'stanger out.

The Mother Fooker really pisses me off.

That bites bro, would this jagoff be named AndrewM by any chance?

What a waste of good seats too, you should have just thrown them up on the Indiana Craigs list or something, not so much for the money but just so they go to good use. I take it you weren't heading back there anytime soon?

Andrew doesn't sound familiar. You're right about CL, but I was pissed at the time. No, won't be heading back there anytime soon. Have crews in Texas now helping on hurricane relief.

Oh, OK, I didn't ask because he's a jagoff or anything but only because he has PM'D me several times on the VMF about my seats and wanted some and I had mentioned that I knew of someone in Oregon that had some extras so I wasn't sure if somehow you hooked up or something. This was like on 8-11 and the next day he scored a set on CL so I never said who or thought twice about it until now. I have no idea where he lives but didn't wan't to be indirectly responsible for some misery.

Hey Mace, did you ever get the MrMike covers on your seats? If so, please post some pictures and tell us how you like/dislike them. I've about had it with PIA of getting in and out of my fastback and found a set of 88 Fiero seats for $100.