Sign in to follow this  
yamahasrx700

My high school 69

I have had my car since 1986. Its been pushed around and stored for a number of years. In Oct 06 I pulled it out of the barn it was in for the past 10 or so years. I have endless pics of the repairs but here are the closest finished ones. As I put this car (my high school car) back together there are several things I am not happy about. For instance the fitment of the 4 million grill and nose pieces, the gaps in the doors, and the window fitment. Anyway I am happy I never sold it and it will be on the street soon. I still need to finish the exhaust and get the new wheels and tires.

I graduated HS in 86' and had started shopping (or at least tire kicking) for a 69' when I was 16, came real close to buying a solid but completly stripped, primed and boxed coupe for $1200 too which I had planned to paint bright yellow so seeing this feels like looking at the car I never owned or the one that got away. I waited for the sportsroof that never came instead and then life got in the way and it was another 16 years before I finally made that dream come true.

I graduated HS in 86' and had started shopping (or at least tire kicking) for a 69' when I was 16, came real close to buying a solid but completly stripped, primed and boxed coupe for $1200 too which I had planned to paint bright yellow so seeing this feels like looking at the car I never owned or the one that got away. I waited for the sportsroof that never came instead and then life got in the way and it was another 16 years before I finally made that dream come true.

damn, that must've sucked for you, especially considering that me and Trinitys (maybe Bswor as well) had 69's for our first cars.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt2::tt2::tt2:

damn, that must've sucked for you, especially considering that me and Trinitys (maybe Bswor as well) had 69's for our first cars.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt2::tt2::tt2:

Not really, as usual anything worth having is worth waiting for and by making the tougher mature decision then I was able to eventually hit the tri-fecta and not only have the car but a house and a garage to put it in too.........awe........sorry. :tt2:

Not really, as usual anything worth having is worth waiting for and by making the tougher mature decision then I was able to eventually hit the tri-fecta and not only have the car but a house and a garage to put it in too.........awe........sorry. :tt2:

well hell , i think 25 years of use and sometimes abuse and a hell of a lot of fun was easily worth not having a garage to put the car in. BTW, i'm not selling the car because i don't have a garage, i'm selling the car because i don't own a house and can't afford a down payment any other way than to sell the car, right now a house of our own is more important than keeping the car. i'll miss the car once it's gone and there will always be that lingering "I used to have one of those" but in the end i will have a car that is almost as cool as a mustang and still a hell of a lot cooler than any damn camaro ever made plus my family will have a home of our own.

i'll miss the "Phantom Lord" but there will be NO regrets. i had 25 years with that car which is about 10 times longer than the average person keeps a car and now that it's done and i've had a year or so to play with it my needs are satisfied. my biggest goal was always to just finish the car and that's done so now i can let it go and know that i was able to finish it and do the car justice rather than just let it rot into the ground.

well hell , i think 25 years of use and sometimes abuse and a hell of a lot of fun was easily worth not having a garage to put the car in. BTW, i'm not selling the car because i don't have a garage, i'm selling the car because i don't own a house and can't afford a down payment any other way than to sell the car, right now a house of our own is more important than keeping the car. i'll miss the car once it's gone and there will always be that lingering "I used to have one of those" but in the end i will have a car that is almost as cool as a mustang and still a hell of a lot cooler than any damn camaro ever made plus my family will have a home of our own.

i'll miss the "Phantom Lord" but there will be NO regrets. i had 25 years with that car which is about 10 times longer than the average person keeps a car and now that it's done and i've had a year or so to play with it my needs are satisfied. my biggest goal was always to just finish the car and that's done so now i can let it go and know that i was able to finish it and do the car justice rather than just let it rot into the ground.

I know WHY you are selling it, I meant that because I did the other 2 first I got all three in the end. I'm on year ten now and sure to total 25 or more by the time I meet my end when of course I'll be buried in it.