Sign in to follow this  
yamahasrx700

69 coupe windows

Is it up and down movement you need or side to side? The stops BNickel mentions allow up and down control. Bolts on the bottom of the rails in the door and qtr window allow side to side movement. The repop seals may also have poor shape, which after a weekend of adjusting you'll figure out.

I would have liked to see an assembly worker do this. I think I am making it harder than it is. The seals I bought are high end seals with the Ford licence blue ovel. There are adjustments for forward and backward, up stops front and rear, forward and rearward pitch.and top of the window in and out. I would like to know which one gets adjusted first and so on.

i actally installed the stuff for 22 yrs. sometimes it just isn't any fun at all! heres a trick you might try to get everything close: loosen all the stops just a tad on both quarter & door glass ( just do one side of the car at a time ) with everything a little loose & both rolled up, you should be able to push/ pull the two windows into alignment. have a friend push in on the windows at the top so they are snug against the seals & hold them in place. you can then go thru the opposite side of the car & tighten up the stops. this method should get you pretty close with only minor tweaks here & there to be perfect. i used this method many times on fox body convertibles after they had been wrecked & repaired & they are very similar side window wise to the 69 coupes. if you are doing a fastback, only have to loosen up the doorglass & work with it. also, get a can of spray silicone & grease those new seals! it will make a world of difference in how the windows roll up & down & match up with the body.