Sign in to follow this  
SlimeGold 69

Check out this $26000 project.

The place is called Mustang Beginnings but sad to say I think it's the end for that Boss. It would take 100k or more to restore that rusty hull back to original unless you used the VIN for a rebody which it would not suprise me if they or someone else does.

Holy hell.....where would you even start on that one......

you find a perfect fastback and cut it all up to attempt to save that... I have to say that that car should be parted out, whats left of it at least.

I just checked the statistics. Ford made 7013 "1970 Boss 302" cars.

That vin might be worth a lot if it was a 1970 Boss 429 or any 1969 Boss.

As bnickel already said, no collector would pay that much for the vin, and the vin is one of the very few things that's still reusable on that car.

I actually have been in contact with the guy that owns Mustang Beginnings about some market research their doing. I originally contacted them when I was looking for a car a few months back. I also informed him some of the cars on his site get a lot of airplay on message boards. He wants a link to the site so he can read it for himself, which I haven't supplied yet but probably will. I think this one takes the cake though...it's been posted on this site before...but I'm not sure I could part with that much green for this car

http://www.mustangbeginnings.com/detail.asp?ID=9T02R149xxx0296

"If you are a skilled welder or have the right knowledge, this beautiful Mustang would live again."

yeah right!

it would probably take more money to rebuild that car than it would be worth after a total restore.

Have Boss 302 prices climbed this high?

No, but apparently some Boss 302 owners have gotten that high...

I'd have to say that they misplaced the decimal point and it should be 2,600. Keep hope alive, buddy...but...damn!

I love how the 'see our price list for repairs and additions' link is busted. "Under Construction"? you bet your sweet ass!

the $12,000 dollar eliminator isn't all that bad a deal, really. it's got all the tough to find parts and looks really solid. if only i had $12k

here's one for you. i have a buddy in sales that called on a resto shop a few days ago. said they had an eliminator they were restoring. the owner didn't want any repro parts on the build, so they bought a good donor car to cut up for the panels etc. kicker was, the guy didn't want "regular" cougar parts, so another nice restorable eliminator was bought & cut up for parts. just so they can say "it's all eliminator"!

here's one for you. i have a buddy in sales that called on a resto shop a few days ago. said they had an eliminator they were restoring. the owner didn't want any repro parts on the build, so they bought a good donor car to cut up for the panels etc. kicker was, the guy didn't want "regular" cougar parts, so another nice restorable eliminator was bought & cut up for parts. just so they can say "it's all eliminator"!

Wouldn't that technically make the Eliminator they used for parts a better candidate to restore than the car they had.

"If you are a skilled hack and have a restored sportsroof, you too can rebody this car and the VIN will live again."

yeah right!

Fixed!

I'm guessing at some point there was a serious demand for LH quarter panels seeing how that Boss and 428 Mach had both chopped off. Pretty sad to see what people have cut up in the past, but the Mach I can see as it looks to have been hit hard in the right rear. I don't think the junkyard they pulled it out of was too kind to it either seeing how the windshield frame is bent all to hell.

With that said, I have no problem if someone rebodies a car like these two provided they do something like stamp "rebody" on the VIN plate. I'd rather see the cars preserved then lost. And seriously, would anyone want to drive a car stitched together as much as one of these would be? It becomes a safety issue at that point.

Sad.

Fixed!

I'm guessing at some point there was a serious demand for LH quarter panels seeing how that Boss and 428 Mach had both chopped off. Pretty sad to see what people have cut up in the past, but the Mach I can see as it looks to have been hit hard in the right rear. I don't think the junkyard they pulled it out of was too kind to it either seeing how the windshield frame is bent all to hell.

With that said, I have no problem if someone rebodies a car like these two provided they do something like stamp "rebody" on the VIN plate. I'd rather see the cars preserved then lost. And seriously, would anyone want to drive a car stitched together as much as one of these would be? It becomes a safety issue at that point.

Sad.

what do you think caused the demand?