Sign in to follow this  
muhtalicbloo

Time to lower and put some new rears on

Okay guys...I think I have it figured out.

I've got 17X7 w/ 245's on the front and 17X8 w/ 245's on the rear....I'm thinking I'm gonna bump up the rears to 17X9.5 TTII's. I'll need 6.38" of BS right? (That's what AR lists on their webpage w/ the wheel info)

Also what tire should I run. Wanting a drag radial and really like the Hoosier's and MT's...not so much the Nitto's. I know I'll have to roll the lips a bit but I don't want the tires sticking out beyond the fender.

I'm guessing a 275 to 295 will be good, eh?

Also for the suspension....wanting to drop it a bit. Thinking of 5 leaf reverse eyes in the rear and 620's up front? (I've got a 306 in her so I should be GTG right?) That'll bring the car down about 2" in the rear in 1 or so in front, correct? I'll let that settle and see how she's sitting and maybe go a lil more if I can...but I do have Heddman longtubes and there are some speedbumps around here.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately....just got sworn in as a Federal Bureau of Prisons Correctional Officer. So I've been pretty darn busy.

So give me your feedback guys, any would be greatly appreciated. Also if I got ahead and do the Shelby drop I'm probably lookin at 2" total dropped in front, correct? So that means I'd maybe need to drop a lil more in the rear...what do you recommend?

As much as I'd like to go w/ coilovers and a TCP link setup in front and rear....I can't afford it.

The car in question as it sits now...old pics I know...but it'll give ya an idea

n30404315_30020467_3538.jpg

n30404315_30020493_3298.jpg

n30404315_30020521_5359.jpg

the shelby drop will only lower the car about 1/2" at most, the main purpose is not to lower the car but to give the suspension a better camber curve. beware if do the drop you may need to get a bumpsteer kit as well, especially if you lower the car with drop springs as well. just FYI

I would go with the Grab a track mid eyes... Actually, I did go with the mid eyes.. LOL.. If you drop the rear too much you will be stuck.. my suggestion is use the mid eyes, and if you still feel that it needs to go lower, then put in a spacer.. that way you can dial in the rear height.. and not drop it tooo much with the springs.. By the way, what b/s are you using?

I would go with the Grab a track mid eyes... Actually, I did go with the mid eyes.. LOL.. If you drop the rear too much you will be stuck.. my suggestion is use the mid eyes, and if you still feel that it needs to go lower, then put in a spacer.. that way you can dial in the rear height.. and not drop it tooo much with the springs.. By the way, what b/s are you using?

i've got the 5 leaf mid-eyes and i'm actually considering raising the rear 1/2-3/4" or so.

Thanks guys for all the replies. Really appreciate. So what you guys are saying is I should maybe go w/ 5 leaf or 4.5 leaf mid eyes instead of reverse eyes. Then if it's not enough just use lowering blocks to get my desired height?

Thanks again.