Sign in to follow this  
69Tool

Clean Oil...wahoo!

I changed the oil again last night and ran it for a few minutes, it seemed cleaner, but still had some remaining traces of antifreeze. So tonight I changed it out again, put more oil back in and then tested it. This time it was clean. I ran it for about an hour or so and went for a bit of a cruise and the oil was still clean. To be on the safe side, I changed it once more, but it still looks great.

While out on my drive tonight, I figured that I would step on it a bit to see what it has, wow was I happy. Last weekend I put in a 3.25 posi diff, replacing the 3.00 conventional. The car has a lot of power, so to this point I am very happy and excited to get it on the road. Thanks everyone for the help.

Feels good to cruise again don't it Jason? God I hope I get mine back on the road by 4th of July. My neighbor took his 65' coupe for a ride yesterday and it made we want to curl in the fetal position and cry myself to sleep.:crying:

Feels good to cruise again don't it Jason? God I hope I get mine back on the road by 4th of July. My neighbor took his 65' coupe for a ride yesterday and it made we want to curl in the fetal position and cry myself to sleep.:crying:

It sure was nice to get it out, however I found that I have more work to do before it passes inspection. For whatever reason the PO decided to take a torch to the tranny tunnel cross member, which does not pass inspection. I have to get one cut out from another car and weld it in place. Also, the tie rod ends do not appear to be the right size, therefore, it will accelerate the installation of my Granada disc brakes. Other than that, it will pass...:blink:

PS Pak, I have been waiting to see progress pics of your car. How is it coming along?

Been too cold. Between that and being away from home 5 days a week and the new baby just has not left me any time for it at all sadly. Spring is almost here though, next weekend I clean out the garage and get it organized then I'll start using vaca time and a few "work from home" days for three and 4 day weekends until I wrap it up. AR won't be ready to make my new wheels until June anyway so that leaves me kinda stuck until then anyway even if everything else was done already.

I think the different gear with the trac-loc combined made a fairly noticeable difference. Obviously hard to tell which had a greater impact. I think that the 3.25 gears are good for what I want. I am planning to get rid of the 3.00 so if you are interested in starting there, send me a PM.