Sign in to follow this  
69fstback

tire size??

...the front i'm not sure now because the rim guy can only get me 17X8 5.70 bs ? i wanted to run 245-40 on the front but will this b-spacing screw me up on the front now? this car is lowered 2" this rim/tire business is driveing me nuts trying to get it just perfect! Jim

It is far better to have too much backspacing than not enough. At the risk of getting flamed, one can always run a spacer if they have an inside interference problem.

In your case, a 1" spacer will work if you run into problems with the suspension. Having said that, with all we know now about what fits these cars, you should be able to find a wheel that does not require a spacer.

Does he offer the option of 4.75 or 4.5 inches of backspacing on the 8s?

I have some more pics when they started taking off the clothes. It was an interesting day to say the least. At one point there were 3 girls dancing naked on a lift. The rod shop that sponsored the show knew how to bring the guys in.

you keep teasing us with these "supposed" pics but as of yet we've seen no proof

It's a yearly event in Millersville/Severna Park area. I think it's mid June. I'll post the date in the Events area. Besides the ladies, they have a dyno machine, give aways, grab bags, food and music. Plus it's a full service performance shop.

Sounds like it would be interesting to attend about an hour ride for me.

I dont know if I want to go larger.. I think that if I do I would only go up to 16" .. Im still wonderinig if that 275 would fit under my rear with it lowered 1 inch.. Im kinda scared to order and it not fit right.. Im thinking that the safest bet for me would be the 255 on a 15 inch.. Still not sure.. I know I can get a 255 on a 16 inch rim in the same type of tire.. but how would it look with a 15 on front and 16 on back?

I dont know if I want to go larger.. I think that if I do I would only go up to 16" .. Im still wonderinig if that 275 would fit under my rear with it lowered 1 inch.. Im kinda scared to order and it not fit right.. Im thinking that the safest bet for me would be the 255 on a 15 inch.. Still not sure.. I know I can get a 255 on a 16 inch rim in the same type of tire.. but how would it look with a 15 on front and 16 on back?

No problem on mixing sizes. For perspective, vettes come with 19s in the rear with 18s up front.

just stay with the 15" out back. either that or just go with the 235/60-15 all the way around. the 235/60-15 is a good tire to run all the way around, yeah it'd be nice to have a 255/60 out back but any way you go about it, either a regular T/A in 15" or the g-force in 16" it just won't be right, IMO, especially if you have a really nice high performance tire up front and a cruiser tire out back, but the 16" rear with a 15" front is just going to be wierd, like you were too cheap to spring for the 16's up front too. just my opinion though.

the only other option i can see is to go with a BFG drag radial out back, it has a matching pattern to the g-force t/a's.

Well the rims I am going to get come in 15x8 with 4.5 or 5.5 backspacing. Thats all so if i want to run a 275/60/15 what would be better or should i just go with a 255/60/15? I have brand new stock ride springs with summitracing drag shocks. The tires will be mickey thompson e/t streets Thanks

If that's the wheel option then I would just go 15x8, 4.5bs and 235/60-15 all around and call it a day. At least you will be able to rotate them still and you shouldn't have a single issue to deal with for fitment.

The guy at discount tire gave me a price of 185 each for the TTII's 15x7 4.25bs and told me that as long as I ordered the correct wheel, he would change tires all day until I found the right fit. Once the wheel is mounted on the car, its mine... "I get paid by the hour man".. But Im still stuck with "do I want 15's or 16's ? 255's or 275's, or do I want to be able to rotate the tires by going with the same size all around?" buying wheels is a damn headache..