Sign in to follow this  
10yearsgone

Two-Tone

Hi everyone, This is my first post here on 69stang. I'm getting ready to get the paint and body work done and still not really sure what I want to do paint wise. It's a 302 2V, so nothing rare. But the codes are telling me she came with a 45 color scheme. I'm thinking about going back to the silver jade, but the hood has me confused and I'm struggling to find details.

:helpsmilie:

Is the black hood done in the same scheme as the Mach 1's (minus the scoop) like the attached or is it just solid black front to back and edge to edge? I've been unable to find any pictures that show two-tone hood on a standard sportsroof.

Originally the black out was only done on the Mach 1 and the Boss, that's why you won't find any info on a standard sportsroof.

Welcome by the way and you may want to post questions like this in the garage or tech forum in the future to get more replies. This section is really just for photoshop requests.

Thanks Grabber... Can I ask the source of this? It's close, but not quite what CJPonyParts lists on the thunmbnail I posted below. I have no idea what is correct.

At the bottom of the page it says it is from Mustang Monthly (August 1998)

I found it on the net one day browsing.