Sign in to follow this  
Jocar27

1969 GT for Sale

do you happen to have any pics of the underside of the hood? i'd like to add them to my documentation of the 69 GT hoods i've been collecting. i'm particulary interested in if the hood has the opening for the scoop cut out or not. thanks

Thanks for the info...I found that last night and wasn't sure how to adjust the price. I'll definetly take your advice.

I have the pics you want, but on my home computer. I'll put them up when I get home from work. If memory serves there's a factory stamped outline of an opening that could be made if wanted. Almost like it's perforated so the opening is optional.

\

Rich

Thanks for the info...I found that last night and wasn't sure how to adjust the price. I'll definetly take your advice.

I have the pics you want, but on my home computer. I'll put them up when I get home from work. If memory serves there's a factory stamped outline of an opening that could be made if wanted. Almost like it's perforated so the opening is optional.

\

Rich

i'd be willing to bet it has the same aluminum foil/ducting tape type stuff my car had originally. those pics would definitely be appreciated.

i'd be willing to bet it has the same aluminum foil/ducting tape type stuff my car had originally. those pics would definitely be appreciated.

I have to apologize...I looked thru the pics I took over the weekend and I don't have any of the scoop opening. I can swing by the garage in the next few days after work and get the shot you're looking for.

\

Rich

I have to apologize...I looked thru the pics I took over the weekend and I don't have any of the scoop opening. I can swing by the garage in the next few days after work and get the shot you're looking for.

\

Rich

ok, that would be great if you don't mind, thanks.

is this car still for sale?? if so can i come and see it??

I am a motivated buyer and have cash.

-andy

if he isn't still selling his i've got a 69 GT coupe that i'm ready to sell. it's already completey done though and i'll be asking $30k for it. there are some pics in my gallery and i'll be adding some more soon, hopefully today.

here's a link to my gallery;

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/bnickel69gt

Do you have a marty report on the GT coupe, How Many were produced.

i don't have a Marti but i do have the Ford 999 report which confirms it is a true GT, but the previous 2 owners were both women and the second owner was the original owner's little sister. there were around 1500 or so GT coupes made and about the same number of verts, there were more fastbacks made than coupes and vert combined. Marti claims there were around 6500 total GT's made in 69 but i don't think those numbers are entirely accurate, because they include all cars that got the GT equipment package which could also be ordered on other car like the Mach 1 which basically gave the car an upgraded suspension and a few oth GT's other standard features but did not make the car an actual GT with the gas cap, wheels and center caps, GT gas cap and hood scoop and hood pins. but who am i to argue with Marti. the number i believe is accurate is the one that Ford published forever and that is 4973. similarly according to Mart there some 4000 69 Cougar GT's made in both standard and XR7 versions when in actuality there really weren't any "true" GT cougars made in 69 but rather all these cars had the GT equipment group exactly like what i'm talking about with the 69 mustang GT, it would also explain why there more fastbacks than coupes and verts combined too, as ordering the GT option on a mach 1 gave you an upgraded suspension and a few other little things but mainly the upgraded suspension which was NOT standard on the Mach 1

here is an excerpt from another thread we had on this very topic.

here is the info i posted once before about the GT hood cutouts and what i believe was a planned ram air system that never materialized.

i beleive i have uncovered a new discovery in the mustang archeology field. after a little websearching it is my belief that ford had some sort of ram air system planned for all 69 GT's. what leads me to this belief is that almost every 69 GT i have seen has had an opening stamped in it from the factory under the "non-functional hood scoop". on my car this opening was covered from the factory with aluminum duct tape. after looking at the pics of the cars on the 69 GT registry site, it became obvious that all of the cars there that the hood open, had this same opening. what i need from you guys is simply an email stating that your car also has this same opening, and if possibel the vin, if you don't want to the vin, that's ok i understand, also if you do own a 69 GT and haven't yet registered it with the 69 GT registry please do, it is free to register your car. here is a link to the site http://gt69registry.home.comcast.net/

i have also emailed the owner of the 69 GT registry, Bart Boster as well as mustang monthly, mustang and fords with my "find" and my hypothosis. Bart is also aware that most of the 69 GT's had this hood but he didn't have any more than i do at this point. here is a copy of the email i sent to mustang monthly and mustang and fords, which also includes the original email conversation between Bart and myself.

Hi, my name is Bryan Nickel I live in Lubbock, Tx. i have a 1969 Mustang GT and think i have a rare find for you. My car has the "non-functional hood scoop" as did all 69 GT's, however my car has a factory hole cut in the bottom of the hood, it is smaller than the opening for a shaker and actually has the same dimensions as the hole that the service replacement hoods had but the "x" cut out. I know it is factory because when i purchased the car in 1984 from the original owner this hole was covered by the factory with aluminum duct tape. I recently registered my car on the 69 GT registry and was looking at the pictures of other cars on the site and noticed that almost everyone that the hood open had that same hole cut out. i emailed the owner of the regsitry, Bart Boster and asked he if had any info on this or if he had any contacts for researching this and he emailed me back and said he had noticed the same thing but he didn't have any more info on it either. My hypothosis is that ford had some kind of ram air system planned for these cars and scrapped it after production of the hoods began. i was wondering if you guys had info that would be helpful or any contacts that might know of any possibilities. below is a copy of the email conversation between myself and Bart Boster i have also copied Bart on this email, i know he has been very busy and hasn't had a lot of time for the site lately, so i would be glad have my email address listed for contact info if it's okay with you guys, thanks.

and here is the thread where i posted the info on stangent, for some reason i can't find that thread on this site anymore, amybe i'm just not searching right.

i've been cataloging as many of these as i can find, when i come across them and will likely continue to do so even after my car is sold. we have determined that ford probably canned the standard ram air system on the GT in favor of the optional shaker scoop, probably the bean counters getting thei way. either that or one of the suppliers just couln't meet the demand of so many parts. i'm betting on the shaker alternative, personally. still though it was rather convenient of them leaving the hoods on the car so folks like us could build our own ram air system.

i don't have a Marti but i do have the Ford 999 report which confirms it is a true GT, but the previous 2 owners were both women and the second owner was the original owner's little sister. there were around 1500 or so GT coupes made and about the same number of verts, there were more fastbacks made than coupes and vert combined. Marti claims there were around 6500 total GT's made in 69 but i don't think those numbers are entirely accurate, because they include all cars that got the GT equipment package which could also be ordered on other car like the Mach 1 which basically gave the car an upgraded suspension and a few oth GT's other standard features but did not make the car an actual GT with the gas cap, wheels and center caps, GT gas cap and hood scoop and hood pins. but who am i to argue with Marti. the number i believe is accurate is the one that Ford published forever and that is 4973. similarly according to Mart there some 4000 69 Cougar GT's made in both standard and XR7 versions when in actuality there really weren't any "true" GT cougars made in 69 but rather all these cars had the GT equipment group exactly like what i'm talking about with the 69 mustang GT, it would also explain why there more fastbacks than coupes and verts combined too, as ordering the GT option on a mach 1 gave you an upgraded suspension and a few other little things but mainly the upgraded suspension which was NOT standard on the Mach 1

Welcome to Nickopedia, where you can find miles of info for just a simple question.:biggrin:

Bryan, how much flour should I use when baking a cake?

Well, you know that flour is made from wheat, and Wheat is a worldwide cultivated grass from the Levant (area in the Middle East). Globally, after maize, wheat is the second most produced food among the cereal crops; rice ranks third. Wheat grain is a staple food used to make flour for leavened, flat and steamed breads; cookies, cakes, pasta, noodles and couscous; and for fermentation to make beer, alcohol, vodka or biofuel. Wheat is planted to a limited extent as a forage crop for livestock, and the straw can be used as fodder for livestock or as a construction material for roofing thatch.

Although wheat supplies much of the world's dietary protein and food supply, as many as one in every 100 to 200 persons in the United States has Coeliac disease, a condition which results from an inappropriate immune system response to a protein found in wheat: gluten.

Wheat originated in Southwest Asia in the area known as the Fertile Crescent. The genetic relationships between einkorn and emmer indicate that the most likely site of domestication is near Diyarbakır in Turkey. These wild wheats were domesticated as part of the origins of agriculture in the Fertile Crescent. Cultivation and repeated harvesting and sowing of the grains of wild grasses led to the domestication of wheat through selection of mutant forms with tough ears which remained intact during harvesting, larger grains, and a tendency for the spikelets to stay on the stalk until harvested. Because of the loss of seed dispersal mechanisms, domesticated wheats have limited capacity to propagate in the wild.

The cultivation of wheat began to spread beyond the Fertile Crescent during the Neolithic period. By 5,000 years ago, wheat had reached Ethiopia, India, Great Britain, Ireland and Spain. A millennium later it reached China. Three thousand years ago agricultural cultivation with horse drawn plows increased cereal grain production, as did the use of seed drills to replace broadcast sowing in the 18th century. Yields of wheat continued to increase, as new land came under cultivation and with improved agricultural husbandry involving the use of fertilizers, threshing machines and reaping machines (the 'combine harvester'), tractor-drawn cultivators and planters, and better varieties (see green revolution and Norin 10 wheat). With population growth rates falling in the more technologically advanced countries, while yields continue to rise, the area devoted to wheat may now begin to decline for the first time in modern human history.But now in 2007 wheat stocks have reached their lowest since 1981, and 2006 was the first year in which the world consumed more wheat than the world produced - a gap that is continuously widening as the requirement for wheat increases beyond production.

Wheat genetics is more complicated than that of most other domesticated species. Some wheat species are diploid, with two sets of chromosomes, but many are stable polyploids, with four sets of chromosomes (tetraploid) or six (hexaploid).

In traditional agricultural systems wheat populations often consist of landraces, informal farmer-maintained populations that often maintain high levels of morphological diversity. Although landraces of wheat are no longer grown in Europe and North America, they continue to be important elsewhere. The origins of formal wheat breeding lie in the nineteenth century, when single line varieties were created through selection of seed from a single plant noted to have desired properties. Modern wheat breeding developed in the first years of the twentieth century and was closely linked to the development of Mendelian genetics. The standard method of breeding inbred wheat cultivars is by crossing two lines using hand emasculation, then selfing or inbreeding the progeny. Selections are identified (shown to have the genes responsible for the varietal differences) ten or more generations before release as a variety or cultivar.

F1 hybrid wheat cultivars should not be confused with wheat cultivars deriving from standard plant breeding. Heterosis or hybrid vigor (as in the familiar F1 hybrids of maize) occurs in common (hexaploid) wheat, but it is difficult to produce seed of hybrid cultivars on a commercial scale as is done with maize because wheat flowers are complete and normally self-pollinate. Commercial hybrid wheat seed has been produced using chemical hybridizing agents, plant growth regulators that selectively interfere with pollen development, or naturally occurring cytoplasmic male sterility systems. Hybrid wheat has been a limited commercial success in Europe (particularly France), the USA and South Africa.

The major breeding objectives include high grain yield, good quality, disease and insect resistance and tolerance to abiotic stresses include mineral, mositure and heat tolerance. The major diseases in temperate environments include Fusarium head blight, leaf rust and stem rust, whereas in tropical areas spot blotch (wheat) (also known as Helminthosporium leaf blight). See physiological and molecular wheat breeding

The four wild species of wheat, along with the domesticated varieties einkorn, emmer and spelt, have hulls (in German, Spelzweizen). This more primitive morphology consists of toughened glumes that tightly enclose the grains, and (in domesticated wheats) a semi-brittle rachis that breaks easily on threshing. The result is that when threshed, the wheat ear breaks up into spikelets. To obtain the grain, further processing, such as milling or pounding, is needed to remove the hulls or husks. In contrast, in free-threshing (or naked) forms such as durum wheat and common wheat, the glumes are fragile and the rachis tough. On threshing, the chaff breaks up, releasing the grains. Hulled wheats are often stored as spikelets because the toughened glumes give good protection against pests of stored grain.

Blah blah blah blah, etc etc etc............but I digress 2 level cup fulls are just fine.

i can't help it, there's so much info stuck in my head that it just has to come out sometime or my head will explode :biggrin:

LOL, I know and hey don't think I don''t appreciate it. Saves me the trouble of trying to remember any of it. I think Nickopedia is going to be your new nickname, I like it!