Sign in to follow this  
GT350

69 gauges not working ????

Still in restoration im fitting the dash back in here is what i have replaced.

1. printed circuit.

2.voltage regulator.

My problem is gauges dont work and the right side turn signal in dash dont light up also the high beam indicator and the rh side dash lights are very dim.

could it be im not getting full power to the circuit board ?

Wiring harness?

The harness is original and never been cut up by previous owners.Could it be i have a bad wire in the harness ? possibly the main feed for the gauges ,my dash lights work ok.javed

i think you likely have a bad ground somewhere. there is a ground wire for the intrument cluster and lights one the driver side of the lower metal dash just above the headlight switch, you'll have to have the cluster out to even see where i'm talking about but it's one the upper/inner lip of the lower metal dash right above the headlight switch, in fact i think the ground wire may even run down to the switch harness, IIRC, but not 100% certain on that, it's been a while since i put mine back in. the next option is that you have one of the wires in the cluster harness in the wrong location or it has a bad connection. i had both problems with mine but i knew what they were before i started putting the car back together

ok heres what i have checked last nite.

1. checked for voltage at intrument plug disconnected from dash and i have voltage at each turn signal yet when i plug it into dash i get nothing.

2. I did add another ground wire from back of instrument plug to a good ground made no difference.

will do more checks tnite when i get home.

I have this exact issue, did anyone ever find the solution here? My gauges test fine outside the car using a metered 2-5v....I have a tach dash so only the fuel and temp are there...and not working while plugged in. on the bench hooked up they work great. i also used black tape to ensure they were not touching. I have a few wires cut in the dash...none directly going to the plug. i heard about a possible wire grounded that should not be - this might be it, anyone know what wire it could be?