Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK Mach1 dude

mach1 on a trackday

nice i noticed you passing "Magnum PI" out there, bet he was a bit surprised huh?

Yeah, he was a bit surprised. He would not look our way in the paddock later on, sort of " if I ignore those American cars maybe they will go away" as he thought is Ferrari would be unbeatable on a track.

Sweet! Would love to share the track with you! I wish I was over there so I could drive on the more famous tracks.

Watching the video makes me miss driving my old Vic on the track. But after going to advanced group the old boat just didn't have enough power in the straits. So got a little more and a lot more speed in the turns, but I kept it old school, yeah Celica!!

Hope to see some more videos of the Mach 1 on the track! And keeping shaming those that think their car is so superior that it makes them a fast driver.

Nice video. It looks like a tight track, would love to see you open up that Cleveland on a bigger/faster track! Could you post up a picture of your camera mount ?

Hi, when I brought it 5 years ago it was a stock automatic car. Since then I`ve converted it to five speed manual, Fitted Jaguar front discs with stock calipers at the front and fitted disc brakes to the rear,with cooling piping to all discs to keep them cool.

Changed the rear end gears to 3.50 and added a locker,done the Shelby drop thing, fitted custom made front springs, stock rears, 1 1/8 front anti-roll bar and 3/4 rear anti-roll bar, poly bushes everywhere.

The engine is a 351Cleveland +.030 with Aussie 2V closed chamber heads to give a c/r of 10.7:1, cam is a comp cams 270H, valves are Ferea stainless steel one piece, Edelbrock performer 4V intake, which matches perfectly with the Aussie 2V heads, Dynomax 4V headers.

The track is Mallory Park, its only a 1.35 mile circuit but is quite demanding and fun, I would love to open the Cleveland up an a bigger track, did a day at Silverstone on the Grand Prix circuit and had it opened up along hanger straight, managed 145mph before I had to start braking for the next curve.

Will post some pics up of my camera mount, which is my old photography tripod mounted to brackets on the floor behind the front seats and one just in front of the trap door.

stuff002.jpg

Hi, when I brought it 5 years ago it was a stock automatic car. Since then I`ve converted it to five speed manual, Fitted Jaguar front discs with stock calipers at the front and fitted disc brakes to the rear,with cooling piping to all discs to keep them cool.

Changed the rear end gears to 3.50 and added a locker,done the Shelby drop thing, fitted custom made front springs, stock rears, 1 1/8 front anti-roll bar and 3/4 rear anti-roll bar, poly bushes everywhere.

The engine is a 351Cleveland +.030 with Aussie 2V closed chamber heads to give a c/r of 10.7:1, cam is a comp cams 270H, valves are Ferea stainless steel one piece, Edelbrock performer 4V intake, which matches perfectly with the Aussie 2V heads, Dynomax 4V headers.

The track is Mallory Park, its only a 1.35 mile circuit but is quite demanding and fun, I would love to open the Cleveland up an a bigger track, did a day at Silverstone on the Grand Prix circuit and had it opened up along hanger straight, managed 145mph before I had to start braking for the next curve.

Will post some pics up of my camera mount, which is my old photography tripod mounted to brackets on the floor behind the front seats and one just in front of the trap door.

stuff002.jpg

Great! I'm looking forward to that camera mount setup. I had my brother film with a hand held camera, and it can be a bit bumpy. I made a tread with that video, don't wan't to take over your tread, so here is a link: http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?p=37185#post37185

BTW, that's a cool picture for your Mach 1. Love the race car stance!