Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrowhead

70 Coupe paint progress

Wow, that looks great. You're painting it yourself? What kind of setup are you using (compressor, gun etc?). I really want to do my own paint this summer, I think I have the skills, but always looking for pointers.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy with how it came out. Sanding and buffing can be a real drag though. I only have the roof done so far.

Wow, that looks great. You're painting it yourself? What kind of setup are you using (compressor, gun etc?). I really want to do my own paint this summer, I think I have the skills, but always looking for pointers.

Yes, I did it myslef in my garage. You need good ventilation and a respirator. I have a 3-1/2 horse 80 gallon compressor. I had a Devilbliss Finishline III, but upgraded to an Iwata. The Iwata sprays much nicer and finer atomization that you need for the clear.

Honestly, I would practice on something else first if your not sure. There are a lot things that can go wrong. I sprayed the bolt on panels first and made lots of mistakes before I did the rest of the car. I don't mind respraying a door or fender, but really didn't want to redo the body.