Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion

'69 Mach 1 - The Journey Begins

The tops were solid as a rock, no pitting just some surface rust...same with the bottoms. I used a scope with a video attachment to look inside the torque boxes as well. It was dirty inside as the car sat down in a field for a period of time up to the rockers. I was able to clean it out with a pressure washer, than blew air into it for about an hour, let it air dry and then used Eastwood's Internal Frame Coating...but I'm still questioning myself about whether I want to rip them off.

If you can get by without ripping the whole thing out, it will save you some cash...just make sure what's left is good metal.

I'm going to make some sub frame connectors, probably similar to BuckeyeDemon's...the cars should have came from the factory like that:thumbup:.

I'm a little slow on the updates. I finally finished welding up the front sheet metal and was able to test fit the front fenders. It's nice to see it start to look like a car again...albiet a stripped car in a South America barrio...but a car none-the-less. I've been working on bracing up the back end of the car and removing the roof skin. Lot's of spot weld drilling...my favorite! My brother and I purchased a media blaster and I plan on media blasting the entire car this spring.

[ATTACH]8434[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8435[/ATTACH]

A little progress. I have the inner structures of the quarters braced and have both quarters off, I'm working on removing the roof now. Once I get the roof off, it goes out to my brothers place for media blasting and a good coat of e-prime. I've been side tracked builidng a paver patio and pergola for the wife. Patio's in, pergola should be finished today and the hot tub goes in this coming weekend. I'll try and get some pics up once the roofs off.

No updates, unfortunately. I moved last year and have been working on finishing a basement and working on setting up my garage. Between work and that project I haven't had a whole lot of time. The house I purchased has a 30 x 40 shop that I've been working on when I'm not finishing the basement for the Mrs. I have 100amp service in the garage, now I need to run some wire so I can get my compressor and welder functional again. If I'm good and finish the basement, she says she'll let me get a 2 or 4 post lift :thumbup1:

I've noticed that they are manufacturing most of the components now that I had to fab. Wish they would have had those parts a few years ago. As soon as the weather breaks, I'm hoping to get back on the Mustang. I've been collecting/purchasing parts even though I haven't spent much time on the car. I plan on replacing the b-pillars next and then should be able to finish out the backend with the parts I've collected.

Hey Legion, this too shall pass. I was in your shoes a while back when I thought those things were more important than my Mustang :) You'll be back to your true love soon!

Bob