Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7DMACH1

Video Of A Nice Car Collection

This is what I do in my spare time. We travel all over the US and Canada filming car shows, shops, and drag racing. We also broadcast some events LIVE on the internet. We just did the Orlando World Street Nationals in Fla. and the Snowbird Nationals. We also do all teh Fun Ford weekend Events. There are hundreds of hours of videos on out sites. You can upload yours too. Check out www.yourwaynetwork.com and http://ywnv.vidiac.com/ Thanx, Ray

so Ray i noticed it said you bought one of the cars from the collection there, whch one was it?

also, i was wondering if you you could maybe help me out with selling the 69 GT. it was my first car and i want it to go to a good home, maybe this guy in Fort Worth or somebody. it's not a perfect resto but a mild restomod driver, but i have put my heart and soul into this car and i've owned it for 24 years now so i'm really getting antzy about selling it, mainly i don't want it go get trashed out or anything. anyway, if you know anyone looking let me know. it's not quite ready yet but i expect to be done in the next couple of months, just a few little details to do yet. thanks

Ray! Great Links! Thanks for showing what you do..... many would love to do the same....

B- initally it hurted to hear that but all I can say is good luck. As short as I've been here you are some of the glue...

Additionally after all the time to build her "inquiring minds" want to know - What's next?

well, i've got a 69 cougar, 351w 2v, automatic, ac, ps, and MANUAL DRUM brakes??????? 70,000 mile car with 2/3 of the original paint but the passenger has been stripped down to bare metal so it will need a complete paint job. it's a factory 2 tone car with baby blue and a white painted top all original. the original interior is just about perfect but i'm going to redo some of that as well. i'm planning on painting acapulco blue and i'm thinking about leaving the white painted top or maybe painting it black which was also an option for the cougars. i'm planning on doing the interior in with my 86 GT buckets in black leather (or vinyl depending on the budget) and medium blue/black houndstooth cloth insterts, with 69 mach 1 carpet black with 4 blue inserts and i want to re-do the woodgrain with real walnut veneer and of course i'll add a console to it, that's why i was wanting that console of Coz's and i've got a factory 68 mustang coupe overhead console for it already. i plan on doing power windows and locks and i already have a power trunk release for it along with an original style cruise control setup and a tilt column. all of this stuff i'd originaly bought for the stand but decided to keep it for the cougar when i made up my mind to sell the stang.

engine wise i want to build a long rod, aluminum headed, fuel injected, roller cammed windsor with an AOD and a 3.25 geared detroit tru-trac in the factory 9" rear. i'm definitely going to add at least front discs and hopefully rear discs as well and i'm going to use a TCP G-Bar in the rear with a TCP rack and pinion (already have it) and possibly either a CPP front lower A-arm conversion kit with Opentracker roller perches or maybe a custom Opentracker coilover conversion kit that he and i have been discussing for a while that would utilize his roller upper and lower control arms or some combination of the two. i'll be using the aluminum 15" mesh wheels i already have with some BFG 235/60-15 up front and 295-50-15 out back.

i plan on leaving the body stock with only an eliminator hood scoop, front spoiler and hood pins with maybe a custom elimiminator style side stripe that says XR7-GT instead of eliminator. that's most of what i have planned for it some of it will happen as soon as i get the stang sold some won't happen until later. there are still some other little things that will make their way into the car at some point or another like a set of reproduction 68 XR7-G side mirrors, a 69 shelby console insert and some other goodies i have laying around that were supposed to go on the stang like an original rear defogger setup with a cougar specific switch that i just picked up, and XR7 dash cluster (the car is actually just a standard cougar not an XR-7 but i'm going to make faux xr7 type clone out of it), i have an original headlight on warning buzzer and some other stuff i can't even remember off the top of my head right now.

all in all it should be a fun project and a cool driver as well and i won't be so afraid to drive this one when i'm done....i hope. anyway that's the plan of course it's subject to change at any time and i may decide to simplify a lot of that stuff but some things i'm dead set on and won't waver from

well, i've got a 69 cougar, 351w 2v, automatic, ac, ps, and MANUAL DRUM brakes??????? 70,000 mile car with 2/3 of the original paint but the passenger has been stripped down to bare metal so it will need a complete paint job. it's a factory 2 tone car with baby blue and a white painted top all original. the original interior is just about perfect but i'm going to redo some of that as well. i'm planning on painting acapulco blue and i'm thinking about leaving the white painted top or maybe painting it black which was also an option for the cougars. i'm planning on doing the interior in with my 86 GT buckets in black leather (or vinyl depending on the budget) and medium blue/black houndstooth cloth insterts, with 69 mach 1 carpet black with 4 blue inserts and i want to re-do the woodgrain with real walnut veneer and of course i'll add a console to it, that's why i was wanting that console of Coz's and i've got a factory 68 mustang coupe overhead console for it already. i plan on doing power windows and locks and i already have a power trunk release for it along with an original style cruise control setup and a tilt column. all of this stuff i'd originaly bought for the stand but decided to keep it for the cougar when i made up my mind to sell the stang.

engine wise i want to build a long rod, aluminum headed, fuel injected, roller cammed windsor with an AOD and a 3.25 geared detroit tru-trac in the factory 9" rear. i'm definitely going to add at least front discs and hopefully rear discs as well and i'm going to use a TCP G-Bar in the rear with a TCP rack and pinion (already have it) and possibly either a CPP front lower A-arm conversion kit with Opentracker roller perches or maybe a custom Opentracker coilover conversion kit that he and i have been discussing for a while that would utilize his roller upper and lower control arms or some combination of the two. i'll be using the aluminum 15" mesh wheels i already have with some BFG 235/60-15 up front and 295-50-15 out back.

i plan on leaving the body stock with only an eliminator hood scoop, front spoiler and hood pins with maybe a custom elimiminator style side stripe that says XR7-GT instead of eliminator. that's most of what i have planned for it some of it will happen as soon as i get the stang sold some won't happen until later. there are still some other little things that will make their way into the car at some point or another like a set of reproduction 68 XR7-G side mirrors, a 69 shelby console insert and some other goodies i have laying around that were supposed to go on the stang like an original rear defogger setup with a cougar specific switch that i just picked up, and XR7 dash cluster (the car is actually just a standard cougar not an XR-7 but i'm going to make faux xr7 type clone out of it), i have an original headlight on warning buzzer and some other stuff i can't even remember off the top of my head right now.

all in all it should be a fun project and a cool driver as well and i won't be so afraid to drive this one when i'm done....i hope. anyway that's the plan of course it's subject to change at any time and i may decide to simplify a lot of that stuff but some things i'm dead set on and won't waver from

Love it - a man with a plan..... Hi Ho VISA!

Love it - a man with a plan..... Hi Ho VISA!

no visa, mastercard, amex, or discover. my budget will entirely come from what i get from selling the stang after i take the house down payment money out of it. :001_huh: i'm hoping to get 20-22K out of the stang which is nowhere near what i have in it but that should give me enough for the down payment and enough to do most of what i want to do to the cougar. i'm going to try to do the paint job myself on this one since the body is in such good shape and doesn't need any rust repair not that there was much on the stang but what was there was out of my realm since i don't own a welder

looks like a bunch of work but i'm sure it was worth it. i've been wanting to get a 69 ranchero one of these days to use as my daily driver and of course a rack would be high on the list of things i'd want to add, though i'd probably try to make my own using a J-car rack...at least now i have some idea of what it would take to fabricate one for the 'chero. i also want to gut my 86 town car and use as much of it in the 'chero as possible, especially the efi 5.0 and and aod. it's not an ho motor but that's ok i can always convert it to ho specs.