Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lypheus

Heidts 4Link + SSBC Rear Discs

Just finished installing my Heidts 4Link and got to the point where i am installing the rear disc brake kit (SSBC Kit). Problem I found was the drivers side has a clearance issue with the brake caliper that prevents it from mounting (in particular, the welded Panhard Bar Bracket on the axle is what causes the issue).

My approach for this has been to swap R & L calipers and then rotate the brackets 180 degrees. This has the effect of moving the caliper to mount over the front side of the rotor instead of backside as was intended.

The only issue I can see with this setup now that I have it all installed, is that the stock park cable is probably not going to cut it anymore, in fact now I need to either run it past the caliper and back around through a mount or do a mod to make the park brake work my pushing to engage the brakes instead of pulling.

I'm thinking the latter is a heck of a lot more work, so my goal is to do the former and run the park cable past the caliper to mount and hook up in the correct manner.

So my question is, has anyone else encountered this? If so (or if something similar perhaps) can you recommend a parking brake cable setup that might work well for this application?

Thanks all!

Just finished installing my Heidts 4Link and got to the point where i am installing the rear disc brake kit (SSBC Kit). Problem I found was the drivers side has a clearance issue with the brake caliper that prevents it from mounting (in particular, the welded Panhard Bar Bracket on the axle is what causes the issue).

My approach for this has been to swap R & L calipers and then rotate the brackets 180 degrees. This has the effect of moving the caliper to mount over the front side of the rotor instead of backside as was intended.

The only issue I can see with this setup now that I have it all installed, is that the stock park cable is probably not going to cut it anymore, in fact now I need to either run it past the caliper and back around through a mount or do a mod to make the park brake work my pushing to engage the brakes instead of pulling.

I'm thinking the latter is a heck of a lot more work, so my goal is to do the former and run the park cable past the caliper to mount and hook up in the correct manner.

So my question is, has anyone else encountered this? If so (or if something similar perhaps) can you recommend a parking brake cable setup that might work well for this application?

Thanks all!