Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69_302RustangFB

Finally I get to make progress

Well after a year of not being able to do anything with my mustang, I finally have time and the funds to get around to doing the body and paint. I have tons of friends nagging me to paint it up to mach my 07 California Special, but I've laid out my own idea. Its no Chip Foose drawing, but its what I hope for it to look like by summer time if all goes well. I'll take the mustang out to a friends body shop next week and over the next couple of months work on smoothing out the fenders, doors etc... and get the new block dropped in, maybe have it back on the road sometime in June. I'll post some pics as I make progress.

DSCF0342.sized.jpg

Well after a year of not being able to do anything with my mustang, I finally have time and the funds to get around to doing the body and paint. I have tons of friends nagging me to paint it up to mach my 07 California Special, but I've laid out my own idea. Its no Chip Foose drawing, but its what I hope for it to look like by summer time if all goes well. I'll take the mustang out to a friends body shop next week and over the next couple of months work on smoothing out the fenders, doors etc... and get the new block dropped in, maybe have it back on the road sometime in June. I'll post some pics as I make progress.

DSCF0342.sized.jpg

No, not an Aussie Falcon nose though thats an intersting idea. I might make some minor changes to the design, but my biggest challenge is figuring out how to do the paint job to get the blue highlight effect that I want. I'm trying to get more of a translucent (kind of like a sapphire stone) then pearl , don't want metal flake type sparkles in the highlights if that makes sense. The other thing I'm trying to decide on is if I keep the hood racing style type stripe or do a boss style stripe.

No, not an Aussie Falcon nose though thats an intersting idea. I might make some minor changes to the design, but my biggest challenge is figuring out how to do the paint job to get the blue highlight effect that I want. I'm trying to get more of a translucent (kind of like a sapphire stone) then pearl , don't want metal flake type sparkles in the highlights if that makes sense. The other thing I'm trying to decide on is if I keep the hood racing style type stripe or do a boss style stripe.

Well, made it out to the body shop the other day and checked up on the body work progress. Hoods done and the drivers door is re-skinned both are ready for paint. He plans to start on the passenger door and fenders next week. Plan to go back out there tomorrow with my camera and get some pics. I also ordered my sports style mirrors today so they can be mounted once the doors are finished. I have one crucial decision to make, what color I really want to paint it, so that he can paint the jams and all before the doors go back on.

Oy, good luck! Out of all the blood sweat and tears I put in to my car, choosing the final paint color was by far the hardest choice I had to make and I put it off to the very end and changed my mind more than once when I thought it was made up. While I knew what I wanted in my head, finding it for real in a book was not easy and I still have days when I'm not 100% sure if I settled on the exact closest I could I get to that but I am completely happy with where I ended up at least.

Its, very nerve racking. Can't find a combination that creates the translucent blue over back color that I really want, also been thinking about how much of a pain the :asshole: it will be to take care of. Although I'm really starting to like Fords new Dark Candy Apple Red that they're putting on 08 mustangs. The new vapor color like on the GT500KR could also look good too.