Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve R

69 convertible full quarters

Anyone know where to get them? I have seen skins and one barn find for $1600 for the pair (pricey). The previous owner did a hatchet job on the car and ended up shortening the rear end a 1/2" :helpsmilie: - I am trying to get it back to specs and full rear quarters is a good starting point.

Thanks for your help.

For full convertible quarters you will have to either get good used from a vert or coupe, only the skin is reproduced. That or buy a fastback full quarter and do a chip foose mod to it.

For full convertible quarters you will have to either get good used from a vert or coupe, only the skin is reproduced. That or buy a fastback full quarter and do a chip foose mod to it.

Pak, What do you mean by a chip foose mod?

Never mind! I searched the threads and found where Chip had put fastback quarters on a convertible. I'm a little bummed that Mr. Snow has not come back and posted some detailed pics. I kind of like the way it turned out. He never answered Paks question about the sun visor brackets either.

Mad, you are correct. I would have to remove the sail plane and probably have to put in Mach tail light mounting panels and quarter extensions. The only problem would be getting the trunk lid to work. I'm not for if it would be more work than it is worth. I wonder if this mod would decrease or increase the resale value?