Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Topless69GT

69 GT Convertible update

Project is on hold once it gets back from the paint shop in a few weeks. I am thinking about selling it as is. I am nearing 40 and just found out my wife is pregnant. This will be our third. I need to add on to the house to the tune of about $30K. I wanted to store the car for a year or two but it is going to be too expensive. The car has had a ton of money spent on it. If I completed the car I would have roughly $35K in it including buying the car. This car has had everything done right. The engine and trans are done. The paint and body will be as close to perfect as can be. I will entertain any interesting trades. Wiring harness etc have all been rebuilt. The majority of the work to be done is assembly and recovering the seats. The gauges (factory tach), clock, radio, Rim blow and dash bezels still need to be restored. They work but to match the level of restoration these need to be redone. The factory air also needs to be rebuilt. I am sitting at 30K into the project (paint and body is all ready paid for). Need to buy door panels, Dash pad and carpet. I have most of the other items for assembly. This is my dream car and I was making it the way that I wanted it. I added the wood grain dash and the factory tach but it had factory air and was a deluxe interior car. I changed the color from Vintage burgundy to Acapulco blue and the interior from black to white. I just won't have time to do the work to complete the car. I prefer to hold onto the car but finding a place to store it is proving difficult.

If it's any consolation to you I turned 39 on the day my first daughter was born and I had been out of work for over a year prior to that. I came close to having to sell my car for the right reasons several times, even kicked myself in between for using all the insurance money to rebuild it but things have a way of working themselves out, if you have been good to kharma that is.

BTW Bryan, I gently bounced the idea off your wife (as well as a quarter off her ass) during pillow talk last night, not looking good bro. She says if you did you better plan living in it because that's all you'll get in the settlement.

If it's any consolation to you I turned 39 on the day my first daughter was born and I had been out of work for over a year prior to that. I came close to having to sell my car for the right reasons several times, even kicked myself in between for using all the insurance money to rebuild it but things have a way of working themselves out, if you have been good to kharma that is.

BTW Bryan, I gently bounced the idea off your wife (as well as a quarter off her ass) during pillow talk last night, not looking good bro. She says if you did you better plan living in it because that's all you'll get in the settlement.

hmmm, well that's good to know. your wife said i'm getting your car anyway so i guess it doesn't matter much.:tongue:

hmmm, well that's good to know. your wife said i'm getting your car anyway so i guess it doesn't matter much.:tongue:

Too bad mine doesn't really have a back window though, I know how much yours likes to steam it up. I've had this last hicky for almost a year now.:tongue_smilie:

http://www.mustangformen.com/steamy-ecard/index.tmpl?ecardid=8C5CF9C6-ADA7-11DC-8254-80B894E96C2C

Too bad mine doesn't really have a back window though, I know how much yours likes to steam it up. I've had this last hicky for almost a year now.:tongue_smilie:

http://www.mustangformen.com/steamy-ecard/index.tmpl?ecardid=8C5CF9C6-ADA7-11DC-8254-80B894E96C2C

now that was funny. i honestly don't have a good comeback for that one except to say that you wife really prefers the open air anyway, the back of the vert, the hood, the bed of her truck, etc.

man, i sure hope neither of them ever get on here and read any of this stuff. :surrender:

Maybe but this isn't his main resto thread, he's essentially abandoning us and the hobby and technically it belongs in the want ads section so let 'em eat cake I says. :biggrin: I was done anyway, I got plenty of other threads to harass you on.

(J/K topless, nuttin but love)

ok last one. if either of our wives come on here and see all thhis stuff we'll both be sleeping in our cars....if we're lucky :001_huh:

not to mention snoring in soprano.