Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazoo

A big raspberry to CJ Pony Parts

Several weeks back I ordered two front signal light lenses, and a parking brake pedal pad from CJ Pony Parts. The grand total was $24 and change. I expressly requested that they ship by post office as this is the cheapest way to get parts imported to Canada, as the postage is pretty reasonable plus the post office only charges a flat $5 for a customs brokerage fee.

So what does CJ do? They ship my small order (total weight of 1 lb, box included) by UPS, and charge me $25 shipping! That's more than the value of the goods! UPS adds another $18.50 in brokerage fees, then GST (tax) on top of that, so that by the time it gets here, my two light lenses and parking brake pedal pad have cost me a little over $70. :censored:

So about 3 weeks ago I send an email to CJ, expressing my unhappiness with this transaction and asking why they didn't do as requested. The response? Dead silence. Thanks a lot guys.

As you might guess, CJ Pony Parts won't be receiving any more orders from me, and I recommend any Canadian customers to shop somewhere else.

:thumbdown:

Try this one: Richard and Robert at AUTOWORKS INTERNATIONAL took a total 5 months to send the remaining part of an order.The order was for a Power window kit for a '69.After waiting 3 months for the power window kit(emailing them twice asking where the hell my order was) I recieved the motors but only 1 switch which was missing the bezel. I sent them back and waited 3-4 more weeks and decided to call them.I emailed them and got no response. I called them and they said they would fix it. Another 3-4 weeks so I called only to be put through to an answering machine.So i emailed.They stated that their courier, UPS, had lost my address and asked could I supply them with my address again!:blink: They also stated that I had ordered the switches without the bezel and that they had undercharged me and for an extra $40 I could complete my order.:shit: In their catalog there are no options for ordering without the bezels! And without the bezels how are you going to fit them?:001_huh: They would not answer their phone so I emailed them. They have a phone screening service so they can here you record a message before they answer. I found it very annoying that I would get put through to an answering machine when I called to complain. My Australian accent would give me away. I called and spoke with an American accent and he answered straight away.Interesting!! Perhaps they have this phone screening to deal with the very high amount of people phoning to complain about their service! These people want to play games like this and want our business? :fuk2: them is what i say! My order was refunded as per my request.

I've had more than a few dealings with CJ Pony Parts, and for the most part they have been pleasant ones. While they aren't perfect, from my experiences with them they always make an effort to make sure that I was completely satisfied. I'm sure that every dealer has customers that are not happy with them. As Bswor suggested, give them a call and give them a chance to atone for their bad service. Let us know how you make out.

i have to ask here, did they say they would "for sure" ship your parts by USPS or did they say they would try or they'd see what they could do or "i think we can do that" ? from my experience withe CJ's they only ship vis UPS and not USPS is the only reason i ask

I always use mustangs unlimited, my car is currently in the body shop. After discussing with the body guy we agreed to I need 2 full rear quarters, new hood and trunk lid for my 69 fastback. I called Mustangsunlimited and the drivers quarter is out of stock for 30 days. I looked on the web and CJ had them on sale for 50 bucks cheaper so in a pinch i called CJs. The online price is 150 cheaper than the phone price wtf? They cant give the online price over the phone wtf. So I order online on Saturday wiat 3 day to get shipping price.Two weeks later I call on Saturday wheres my stuff? The trim ring for the shaker hood is back ordered wtf? The only reason I bought it from them because they had it in STOCK!!!!!!!!!! Ok I tell them cut the hole in the hood and ship the parts. I will wait for the trim ring. Monday I call did it ship? No the trim ring is backorderd. Ship it without it please! Tuesday same deal. Wed same deal, I told it ships today or cancel the 1400 dollar order. It shipped finally that Saturady i go to the body shop parts look good, I peeked in the boxes finally i got my stuff!!! They put one rear panal on looks good they say. They cut off the drivers panal and guess what? They sent 2 right sides! Sounds like I shoulda ordered it from Unlimited???? They wont ship another till they get wrong one back. They pick up wrong one. Now the correct one is out of stock. 5 weeks to get my complete order. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I will never order anything from them again I have 2 mustangs a 69 and a 99 they wo9nt get a dime from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THIS BULL DELAYED MY CAR 4 WEEKS.

call them up and request that they have the manufacturer drop sjip the parts. i've had do that before with Summit on a set of headers. if they won't agree to that tell them your lawyer will be sedning them a bill for the storage fees that the body shop is charging you as well as any extra labor, etc. caused by their mistake.

I got the quarter yesterday its a done deal. They lost a good customer. In the last year my son and I spent more than 5 grand at Mustangsunlimited. I get orders in 2 days usually, I know mistakes happen but CJs doesnt give a crap.

Thanks guys for letting the rest of us read these posts, we all have to look out for one another.

I am seeing alot of fraudulent advertisements for classic cars up here in Canada on Kijiji. For example an original 69 convertible with 39,000 miles in excellent shape going for $7000K. When I email the person they say that it is in Georgia in storage, and upon shipping the money, they will send the car. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

Bill from Ottawa, Canada

Someone here did suggest I contact CJ by phone and try again - I will try to do that when I have some time, and when the phone lines aren't jammed for Christmas shopping. But the key point is that phoning them shouldn't be necessary - if they had handled the order as I requested (or declined the order), no further action would be necessary. I don't have time to waste sitting on hold, hoping to get some sort of action. Besides, I don't expect they'll have a useful remedy. Even if they gave me a gift credit of $25 (just for argument's sake), by the time I used it and they shipped me something via UPS again, it would cost me another $45 for my $25 of "free" parts... I'll update this thread later once I've had the chance to talk to them.