Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mike69cj

new here! my mustang

Hi everyone,

My name is mike and im new to the forum. My car is a 1969 mach1 428cj mustang. I bought it from the second owner,he bought it in 69 but it was slightly used. I got a long way to go but here are some pictures of how it looks now

. med_1192383463-car1.jpg

med_1192383696-carpass.jpg

med_1192383829-carengine.jpg

Thanks mike

Bill, here is the story of how I got the car.

During my teenage years I always had and loved camaros. I had a few freinds that loved mustangs. About two blocks from my house this old man had this car that always sat in his driveway. I knew it was a mustang but that was about all I knew of it. It was always covered up with a cover. My freinds always talked of wanting this car but I didnt know why. He would never even talk of selling it with anyone. Years later I done some tree work for him (this is my bussiness) and got to know him. About a year or two later he stopped me and told me he had quadruple by-pass surgery and he was broke for no insurance. He asked if I knew anyone that was still interested in the mustang. I ask a few questions about it, he told me he bought it in 1969 and it had about 3000 miles on it. He told me it was a 428 cobra jet. I asked him how much he said $6000. I told him I would tell my mustang freinds. I went home and looked on ebay, there were shells of rusted out r code mustangs going for more than he wanted for this complete car. I went back a few days later and paid him for the car, my first intentions was so I could resale it. I have since cought the mustang bug and Im looking to restore it. Its pretty solid with rust in the lower quarters and floor. The front end has some damage from where he hit a big dog in 1978. The hood is bent some on the edge and the lower valance is pretty bendt up. The is also slight damage to the drivers fender, and small amount of rust around the tail light panel. I have bought a very nice hood, fender and front valance panel for it. I also bought a NOS rear tail light panel. so I have most sheet metal to complete other than quarters and floors. He said the last time he tried to start it it flooded and the carb had a slight fire, it burnt 3 plug wires and coil wire but nothing other than that. He never tried to start it after that.

Its been 14 years since its been started, I havent tried to start it. I turned the motor over to make sure is free but havent done much else. Ill keep you posted on how is going.

Thanks Mike