Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6T9rustang

1969 Mach 1 Restomod Downunder

Finally the motor is home! ..And not a moment too soon.. The receivers walked through our minesite on Wednesday so my days employed, are numbered! The car project mite have to come to a stop for a while until the job situation is secure.At least I owe no money on the car!

Anyway.. as you can see there is still work on the brackets and pulleys to be correctly fitted. I just losely fitted the kit to see how it looked! The kit is designed to fit a windsor so when the Yates(Cleveland) heads were fitted things didn't line up correctly. Going to have the UGLY water pump pulley changed and set back futher to line up with the belt. I need to have the crank pulley drilled to suit a 3-hole balancer and not a 4-hole.(hence the poor fitment shown)

mystang016.jpg

mystang012.jpg

mystang015.jpg

mystang013.jpg

mystang014.jpg

mystang011.jpg

Sweet! Anjd I love fabbed valve covers but you need to find breathers that match. The crome Taiwans are not working for the look. :no:

Yep I'm hearing ya! they're keeping dust out of the engine for now! I have a set of 'Billet Specialties' ribbed billet breathers coming with matching billet plug lead holders down the side of the valve covers! I love my billet!:tongue_smilie:

6T9rustang ... your motor looks amazing as does the rest of your build!! :punk:

i hear ya on the pulley setup. i have the same rattler internal balanced 3 bolt setup on my 69 with AFD Cleveland heads. ... thats funny... your down under and purchase yates heads and im in the states and purchase aussie heads.... :blink:

i talked to march and they make a adapter that will .... adapt the 3 hole to a 4 hole setup... but .. who did you get your serpentine kit from?Billet Specialties?.. looks good... i am on hold on the motor trying to find/build piece together a serpentine kit... which will change out my 69 timing cover it looks like.

I am researching a NASCAR RoushYates Ford Ultra Lite 3 Rib Serpentine Pulley Set .... have not had time to call the vendor to piece a kit together... having AC,PS is not normal it seems for the Roush Yates nascar setup...:tongue_smilie:

quote from march support via email "We offer a 3 to 4 bolt crank adapter spacer which is a part number 1432 that you could use. The 1432 costs $72.32 plus the shipping."

hang in there on the job front !!

"Anyway.. as you can see there is still work on the brackets and pulleys to be correctly fitted. I just losely fitted the kit to see how it looked! The kit is designed to fit a windsor so when the Yates(Cleveland) heads were fitted things didn't line up correctly. Going to have the UGLY water pump pulley changed and set back futher to line up with the belt. I need to have the crank pulley drilled to suit a 3-hole balancer and not a 4-hole.(hence the poor fitment shown)"

Hey there guys! Thanks for the comments on both project and job!

stangme428... I got the pulley kit from these guys: http://c1pulleys.com/fordsmallblockkits.html A nice gentleman named Kevin, was very helpful!

The valve covers were purchased from where my engine was built. Out of all the 100's of Cleveland valve covers i had searched both high and low for, one day while making a payment I noticed them on the wall behind the counter and said "yes please!" I will give them a call tomorrow and find out who they get them from. I think they are from a company called RPC. They mite be Australian made! If so, you will not pay much coz our dollar has dropped it's pants, so to speak!

AFD heads have a very good reputation here in Oz! As do the CHI heads!

I dont think you will have any problems with them. How are you for a manifold?

These sights may help ya: http://parkerracing.com.au/

http://www.chiheads.com/manifolds.php

CHI also make the much needed water crossover that I will be purchasing from them soon: http://www.chiheads.com/accessories.php

I will look into the balancer adapter thanks for the info!

me002.jpg

me001.jpg

me003.jpg

me007.jpg

me005.jpg

me006.jpg

me008.jpg

me009.jpg

me010.jpg

Rear wing is fitted and set further back than factory.

Radiator re-fitted.

An Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and filters lurks beneath the steel shroud near the tank, protected from rubber spray and the elements. Tranny tunnel for TKO-600 is complete. Ignition sits where the battery used to be. Battery will be trunk mounted.:(

me002.jpg

me001.jpg

me003.jpg

me007.jpg

me005.jpg

me006.jpg

me008.jpg

me009.jpg

me010.jpg

Rear wing is fitted and set further back than factory.

Radiator re-fitted.

An Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and filters lurks beneath the steel shroud near the tank, protected from rubber spray and the elements. Tranny tunnel for TKO-600 is complete. Ignition sits where the battery used to be. Battery will be trunk mounted.:(

Can you post some larger bare interior shots and other photos focused on the right hand drive setup on you car? I find them fascinating but have found little info on the 69-70 mustang's setup. Love to see someone retrofit a left hand to a right hand.

Can you post some larger bare interior shots and other photos focused on the right hand drive setup on you car? I find them fascinating but have found little info on the 69-70 mustang's setup. Love to see someone retrofit a left hand to a right hand.

He's back! :sorcerer:

Looking good as always, I like the fuel pump location!

he he It's good to be back mate! Had to sought the job crisis out! might change the fuel pump shroud to alloy later. Steel will do for now!

He's back! :sorcerer:

Looking good as always, I like the fuel pump location!

he he It's good to be back mate! Had to sought the job crisis out! might change the fuel pump shroud to alloy later. Steel will do for now!

The conversion was almost complete (although quite rough) before I purchased the car. Most of the dash welding has been puttied and painted. But nevertheless I will get some broad shots of the dash and put some notes to the pics for you.

The conversion was almost complete (although quite rough) before I purchased the car. Most of the dash welding has been puttied and painted. But nevertheless I will get some broad shots of the dash and put some notes to the pics for you.

P1010725.jpg

An(old) XY GT Falcon master clutch cylinder has now been recessed so that it doesn't hit on the valve cover.

P1010727.jpg

P1010724.jpg

The wiper conversion is almost complete using a ZF Fairlane motor and arms/linkage.

P1010728.jpg

With the computer and 24circuit fuse box taking up the old glove box space i decided to have a custom glove box fabricated. Glove box panel CLOSED!

P1010726.jpg

Glove box panel OPEN!

An(old) XY GT Falcon master clutch cylinder has now been recessed so that it doesn't hit on the valve cover.

The wiper conversion is almost complete using a ZF Fairlane motor and arms/linkage.

With the computer and 24circuit fuse box taking up the old glove box space i decided to have a custom glove box fabricated. Glove box panel CLOSED!

Glove box panel OPEN!

Hi Russell, thanks for the pics on the wiper re-location. this will help me when it's my turn. Was yours already RHD or did you have it done and is it rack & pinion? I'm gonna attempt the RHD conversion myself. do you know of of a steering rack taht will suit eg. AU or BA Falcon?

Yeah mate, was already converted but not complete and not a pretty job. The wipers had not been done they off a el fairlane and the arms are going to be off an XF falcon. I have an aftermarket rack and pinion made by RRS, it is made and sold in Australia. The product is good but their service is absolutely useless! They are in NSW. All the best conversions are done in the east of Australia so you are in the right place! For info on the best conversions jump on this Aussie site forum and ask the question: http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/today.php I personally like the US made Total Control Products RHD rack and pinion.

Caution: Don't talk about RHD conversions too much on this forum coz the US boys get a bit insulted when they hear we are chopping up a nice mustang! :lol:

Thanks for the advice. Do you have a photo of the cowl outer panel showing the wiper holes on the opposite side?

Hope the US boys don't get too offended as I only bought a virtual wreck. Mixed panels thrown on to a good body. They should be proud when its finished?

I'm lucky there is hardly any rust on the car! A good starting point:tongue_smilie: