Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6T9rustang

1969 Mach 1 Restomod Downunder

oooohhhhhh, huge by wide, very nice. i've known people who lived in trailers smaller than those tires:huh:

BTW, that little capri has missing my old 76 MK II with the 2.8 v6 and 4 speed and factory dual exhaust.....factory duals on a v6, pretty damn cool little cars IMO. we used to take it out to the lake and drive all the dirt roads and trails like it was a rally car, flat out and very little braking. :biggrin:

oooohhhhhh, huge by wide, very nice. i've known people who lived in trailers smaller than those tires:huh:

BTW, that little capri has missing my old 76 MK II with the 2.8 v6 and 4 speed and factory dual exhaust.....factory duals on a v6, pretty damn cool little cars IMO. we used to take it out to the lake and drive all the dirt roads and trails like it was a rally car, flat out and very little braking. :biggrin:

When I was 15 i nearly bought one off a friend. it was the GT capri with the V6. Some time went by and i asked one day if he still had it. He said he towed it out to a car dump!!!:blink: It took me a couple of days to go to grab it and vandals had aready done there handy work!!:scared: It took me a while to speak to my friend after that!

While we are on the subject of the Ford Capri, it was the only car with a V6 available in OZ to this day. Ford Australia has just announced that the inline straight 6 (ran since 1962) is finally being discontinued and they are going to run a V6 again.

When I was 15 i nearly bought one off a friend. it was the GT capri with the V6. Some time went by and i asked one day if he still had it. He said he towed it out to a car dump!!!:blink: It took me a couple of days to go to grab it and vandals had aready done there handy work!!:scared: It took me a while to speak to my friend after that!

While we are on the subject of the Ford Capri, it was the only car with a V6 available in OZ to this day. Ford Australia has just announced that the inline straight 6 (ran since 1962) is finally being discontinued and they are going to run a V6 again.

wow, yeah i'd have been pissed too. my dad found and rescued 3 capris, the little red 2.8 car i ended up with, a 75 2.3 that he got from a friend of mine who wouldn't or couldn't take care of it and the crown jewel of the bunch was a 77 2.8 Ghia with a 5 speed, AC, power steering, power discs and the deluxe cloth interior and a leather wrapped 3 spoke steering wheel and the factory aluminum wheels that looked very similar to the 66 shelby 10 spokes wheels. the 77 had also had some engine work done and someone had added an edelbrock intake, 390 cfm holley 4 barrel and headers to go along with those factory duals. of course both of the v6 cars had the solid lifter cam since it was all that was available but that was totally cool, i loved listening to those solid lifters ticking :biggrin:.

unfortunately we were never able to really drive the 77 because he took a job in another town and had to sell off the collection, he gave me the red 76 since it was actually the nicest car being a low mileage original with a fresh paint job and the 77 would have needed a lot of work to really be roadworthy and i was living in a one bedroom apartment with on place to work on it and besides i was already storing my stang at the time and couldn't afford storage on another car so we let the 77 go, i never saw that car again after we sold it, i sure hope someone restored it and put in a collection somewhere.

we had planned on putting a v8 in the silver 75, probably a hi-po 289 or preferably a boss 302. there was a guy here in town that had a mustard gold 73 that had a boss 302 and was a hot, hot car, that's what gave us the v8 idea in the first place

wow, yeah i'd have been pissed too. my dad found and rescued 3 capris, the little red 2.8 car i ended up with, a 75 2.3 that he got from a friend of mine who wouldn't or couldn't take care of it and the crown jewel of the bunch was a 77 2.8 Ghia with a 5 speed, AC, power steering, power discs and the deluxe cloth interior and a leather wrapped 3 spoke steering wheel and the factory aluminum wheels that looked very similar to the 66 shelby 10 spokes wheels. the 77 had also had some engine work done and someone had added an edelbrock intake, 390 cfm holley 4 barrel and headers to go along with those factory duals. of course both of the v6 cars had the solid lifter cam since it was all that was available but that was totally cool, i loved listening to those solid lifters ticking :biggrin:.

unfortunately we were never able to really drive the 77 because he took a job in another town and had to sell off the collection, he gave me the red 76 since it was actually the nicest car being a low mileage original with a fresh paint job and the 77 would have needed a lot of work to really be roadworthy and i was living in a one bedroom apartment with on place to work on it and besides i was already storing my stang at the time and couldn't afford storage on another car so we let the 77 go, i never saw that car again after we sold it, i sure hope someone restored it and put in a collection somewhere.

we had planned on putting a v8 in the silver 75, probably a hi-po 289 or preferably a boss 302. there was a guy here in town that had a mustard gold 73 that had a boss 302 and was a hot, hot car, that's what gave us the v8 idea in the first place

:tongue_smilie: Sweeeeeet looking, never mind the :ph34r: [ninja] numbers! Looked through the last few pages but didn't see specs/parts for the engine?

Heads:CNC ported 'Yates C3L' with 209cc intake port. 7.5degree angle on the intake valves and 8degrees on the exhaust valve angle. 1.90:1 ratio Jesel shaft mounted rocker gear. Intake is an Edelbrock 351Y(cleveland) with 4500 pattern. Spacers were used.

Cam: 'Crow' solid Roller with 265 duration at 50-thou.'Danny-bee' timing belt.Pushrods are "Trend' 210-degree tip radii.

Bottom end:World man-o-war 460ci short motor. 'Eagle' forged crank and H-beam rods. 'JE' pistons at 10.5:1 compression.'Mellings' HV oil pump.

My money printing machine has ran out of ink:lol::lol::lol: so not much happening to the injection side of it.(too many bodywork bills). We are hoping to squeeze 720hp with the injection running. The motor has been published in my city's Performance car magazine so its a bit more exciting than I expected. Very happy with all of this running on pump gas. 'Pick a gear and smile at the lack of traction' will be a trick that will never grow old!:lol::lol::lol:

:tongue_smilie: Sweeeeeet looking, never mind the :ph34r: [ninja] numbers! Looked through the last few pages but didn't see specs/parts for the engine?

Heads:CNC ported 'Yates C3L' with 209cc intake port. 7.5degree angle on the intake valves and 8degrees on the exhaust valve angle. 1.90:1 ratio Jesel shaft mounted rocker gear. Intake is an Edelbrock 351Y(cleveland) with 4500 pattern. Spacers were used.

Cam: 'Crow' solid Roller with 265 duration at 50-thou.'Danny-bee' timing belt.Pushrods are "Trend' 210-degree tip radii.

Bottom end:World man-o-war 460ci short motor. 'Eagle' forged crank and H-beam rods. 'JE' pistons at 10.5:1 compression.'Mellings' HV oil pump.

My money printing machine has ran out of ink:lol::lol::lol: so not much happening to the injection side of it.(too many bodywork bills). We are hoping to squeeze 720hp with the injection running. The motor has been published in my city's Performance car magazine so its a bit more exciting than I expected. Very happy with all of this running on pump gas. 'Pick a gear and smile at the lack of traction' will be a trick that will never grow old!:lol::lol::lol:

Looking good! Like the Watts, not the total aerodynamic disaster some vendors offer. Keep it coming!

When you did all that welding work you must have been tired, the steering wheel is a little offset to the right. :shifty:

Hidden

When you did all that welding work you must have been tired, the steering wheel is a little offset to the right. :shifty:

he he! Dog tired! he he The 3-link was not an easy fit because of the mini tubbing and the rear of the diff housing being fatter than a standard.

Quote:Sometimes the word 'custom' makes for some very complicated work.