Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6T9rustang

1969 Mach 1 Restomod Downunder

I bought them from the east side of Australia. I need to take them to a glazier to have a small amount of glass removed fromthe outer edge so the stainless lamp retaining rings fit. The halo lenses are the exact same size as the stainless lamp retaining ring.:blush: The hole of the lamp holding bucket needs to made slightly larger too. Not a difficult job. Pics later... Here's the link for the lamps: http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/Headlights.html

They are listed on Ebay as well.

Wow, cool hinges. Where are they from? The decklid on my Mach won't stay open. I think either the springs are worn, or they are just wrong type to support the decklid with the Mach 1 wing.

BTW Maybe I missed it, but what wheels are you running to clear those front calipers?

isn't that why they added the prop rod?

I don't think my car has a trunk lid prop rod. I'm not home to look (deployed over seas), but I'm sure I would have spotted it if it had one.

Did Mach 1 cars have a trunk prop rod?

visually the trunk lid looks like a very nice piece!

are the hinges a requirement for the trunk lid or an option? did you weigh the difference between an original and the billet piece?

No the hinges are from Ring Brothers and aren't required for the decklid. The weight difference between billet and original hinges is about the same. The gas struts are overkill now, because of the lightness of the decklid. When you clip both gas struts on the decklid, it flys open at great speed.:clown: I'm hoping the rear wing will add extra weight to slow it down a little. If it's still a problem I have an option with a company here in oz that make struts for anything and everything. They should help.:thumbup1:

Wow, cool hinges. Where are they from? The decklid on my Mach won't stay open. I think either the springs are worn, or they are just wrong type to support the decklid with the Mach 1 wing.

BTW Maybe I missed it, but what wheels are you running to clear those front calipers?

I have only just fitted those brakes so the old 16in rims wouldn't fit anymore. I've borrowed a set of 17inch wheels for the front to fit over the calipers. I'm going to order the rims to match the rear once I get the Carbon fibre(widened) front guards. I can then measure backspacing. I'm thinking 18x9inch wheels with 275 tires.:thumbup1:

Good luck, I have never once heard positive feedback about UP22 products so hopefully they are turning out better stuff these days. So why not go Carbon Fiber here too, was it to keep the stock look?

Good luck, I have never once heard positive feedback about UP22 products so hopefully they are turning out better stuff these days. So why not go Carbon Fiber here too, was it to keep the stock look?

Yes. I think the CF hood made by Anvil looks Camaro-ish.

Wow, you are creating a breathtakIng car. This reminds me less of a restoration than some of those insane model railroad and slot car projexts, where an artist has thousands of hours into detailing to an exquisite level.

Subscribed. And humbled.