Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UnrulySchoolboy

1969 "Twister Trans-Am" Restomod

Okay so summer is still a bit away and I won't be able to gather up the money until some point in June. Anyways, Here's what I'm thinking:

• Cal Pony Cars T-5 Install Kit for Late Model Bellhousing (Sold Through MustangDepot.com [$289])
  • T5 World Class Transmission (From Junkyard, Rebuild myself and add steel bearing retainer if needed)
  • King Cobra Clutch and Billet Short Throw Shifter (eBay [$239+$45 Shipping])
  • Resurfaced Flywheel (From Junkyard)
  • Hurst Shifter Handle and Shifter Boot (Modern Driveline)
  • Striped Orange 13 Ball Shifter Knob (Maybe a Bad Idea, Maybe Would look sick with the Calypso Coral, Also Considering a Orange 5 Ball because its a 5 Speed [Would also Switch it Up Black Five Speed Hurst Shift Knob])

So I'm not sure about the pedal setup yet but I'd like to go with the '68 setup if someone else can get it to work first, but whatever pedal I go with I would be using a cable clutch setup.

Also would 3.81 in the rear be okay with this setup? You guys know best so I'll be relying on your advice and opinions once again. Thanks.

Got the original heads put back on, engine is running better. No more backfiring out the carb. Not sure if there's more HP though. Vacuum is still low at around 10.

Also thinking about 3.55's for the rearend and mid-eye leaf springs probably from Maier Racing.

So pretty much worked my ass off all summer in an attempt to save enough up for school and my transmission conversion but didn't quite make it, looks like now I have to be aiming for doing it during spring break at the earliest. :(

looking great!

hang in there .... build it like you want it!

I'm finally back working on mine after 8 years!:tongue_smilie:

You've come a long way so far.... Get her rolling and enjoy her for a while - then change to the T5. School is more important in the grand scheme of life for you right now. Congrat's on what you have done in so little time!

Bad day, one step forward, and a bunch back. Got the new aftermarket gauges and senders all installed with a nice custom install into the dash pad (pics to come), and upon firing up the engine, it seems the main seal on the tranny blew out, fluid leaking everywhere including onto the exhaust pipes where it smoked up quite nice..

Oh well :(

Haven't posted in awhile. Drove the car over winterbreak and the rebuilt transmission is awesome, little bit smoother but still aggressive.

In other news, heater core we put in over the summer broke on me but the windows don't seem to fog up as long as you keep air blasting over them, once they do fog up though you gotta rely on the towel method.

Anyways, currently switching out the interior leds on my 2006 to blue and I'll probably end up swapping the 69 to red leds for the guages over spring break, it'll match my aftermarket guages that way. That's my short little update for now.