Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R4K

WANTED: 69/70 Fastback - Project or Turnkey

Well, the coupe (Jamie aka The Ridiculon 4000) is sold, and it's time to move on to another project.

The wife shat all over the idea of a Galaxie (I can still go that route, it's my car and my money...but she promises to hate it more than she hated the Mustang...and you married guys know what that means, lol).

Okay, so here's what I'm looking for (daily drivers, all):

Turnkey:

• I can go as high as 15k, with much wailing and gnashing of the teeth of Mrs. R4K, but it really needs to be something mechanically sound and complete that I won't feel the need to go all project on as soon as I get it. I've got a lead on a few turnkeys already...a couple for in the 12k range, another couple in the 15k range. I know this sounds like not a lot to spend on a fastback, but when you get out of the Ebay and Barrett-Jackson alternate realities, there's deals like this to be found.
  • I'm going the small block route, this time. I'd prefer a 302, but can live with a 351. Long live the FE, but not in my primary daily driver, unless it's a Galaxie, lol.
  • This is a daily driver, so PS isn't a must, but there needs to be some money left over to install it if it isn't already there.

Project:

• I'm not afraid of rust in body panels or floorpan, but I'm not wanting to deal with anything that doesn't have a solid frame. I'm looking at a total budget, initially, around 12k, so the closer the project gets to that the better shape it needs to be in.
  • I'm also looking to buy an air compressor, attachments, guns and a welder with the money, and I'm looking to do all the body work and painting myself.
  • I'd actually prefer either non-running or in need of a rebuild engine, as I enjoyed building my FE and would like to do so with a small block this time.
  • I'll pick up a used 5.0/302 HO and build that up if there's no drivetrain in it. I already have a toploader, clutch, shifter and driveshaft just itching for something to be done with it.
  • Remember, I live within driving distance of the Mustang Motherload guy, so I'm sure I can get lots of original sheet metal and used parts to fill in the gaps.

And most importantly, I DON'T CARE ABOUT MATCHING NUMBERS, ORIGINALITY OR UNIQUENESS! That stuff is for other people, and is wasted on me...I'd just end up making it one more non-original mustang in a sea of shrinking original cars. I want a car to drive every day, get banged up in parking lots, and flog on demand.

What would have been IDEAL for me was something like this fastback 6-cylinder that sold for $4k :crying:. I talked to the guy today, and it was an old ad, sadly. He said he'd sold the car a year ago (during a better market, even). That would have left me $7k to put in a drivetrain and do the I-6 to V-8 upgrades, easily accomplished.

Another one that would have been great was this '70 fastback rat rod, which sold this week about an hour from here for $5500. That would have left me $5500 for tools, bodywork and paint. Hell, $50 in rattlecan primer and I'd have been giggling like a schoolgirl all around town in that thing.

Last month, I located via Ebay a complete, but disassembled, '70 fastback just 15 miles down the road for me, which sold for $4300. What a friggin deal!

So help a brutha' out, yo! Keep your eyes peeled for some deals, if you would.

Good news is: I'm still a '69 Stanger!

Bad news: I ain't go no Stang!

You can post leads here, PM them to me, or send them to my email at scott.hauk at gmail.com.

Thanks muchos, guys!

if your interested and want pics email me stang@coolmustangs.com its a nice solid body blk/yellow plate cal car, but its more than 12,000 i'm looking for 14,800 w/o the motor/trans.don't need to sell it but will for that price, these cars are going way up in price and show no signs of slowing down......thanks, Jim

Yeah, that's a bit out of my price range, but thanks for the heads-up. As much as I would love it, my purpose here is to stop spending money, lol. I'd just fixate and sell off my stocks until I had that thing completed. It sitting around unfinished would haunt me. Haunt me! =)