Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redruM

My 69 coupe almost finished project

update:

sold the seats, seat belts; still looking for something unique, latest thought is to try a chevy truck seat (the one with the seatbelts built into the seat) or just buy the cheapo ebay racing seats and harness

Chin Spoiler is on and looks sweet !

MY completion list (i know it's never Complete)

hook backup light wiring to shifter

paint sanded, buffed (got a buddy that said 300$)

buy new seats (ebay the cheap ones 250$)

Buy harness (ebay not the cheap ones 90$)

install carpet

install 8.8 3.73 limited slip rear axle i got for 100$ (was quoted 200$ install)

fix drivers door handle (part shipped yesterday)

inspection (may not have to if registered as an antique)

registration

install door panels (have them, waiting on speaker decision)

head unit (plain cd player 150$)

front speakers (budget 150$) already have 2 JL 10's

build sub box (30$)

tune the comupter for the comp cam, underdrive pully's ($200)

tweek some of the wiring (200$)

move electric fan to back of radiator and rewire

install ac/ condensor

buy and install a/c hoses (150$)

buy, install drier (a/c) (30$)

fill with freon (100$)

order new 255-60-16 kumho's for the rear (83$/each)

swap front wheels

lower front of car 2" +/- (i am going to cut the springs, my question is should i do the shelby drop+ cutting or just cut the springs ?

Well the Wife doesnt like the stock Mustang seats because ther dont recline, so they will be for sale soon, i was thinking about these + harnesses:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230167941190&rd=1

I'm sure you thought of this but make sure to get measurements. I was buying a set of racing seats and the are way too tall. The top of the seat would be two inches from the headliner. Also, not to be a dick but I don't want to see you waste money. Your wife isn't going to be comfortable in those seats. They're $90 for two, you really think you're getting a quality, researched item for $40 each?

Buy atleast a mid range seat, something that's proven. Those look like a seat cover over a plastic shell.

racing seats too tall ?

i had not thought about that, i was thinking they would be lower....

see i am 6'4" tall and with the stock seats my head rubbed the headliner, i have read the guys that install racing seats in their honda's always have to install risers (to lift the seats up) because they sat lower than the factory seats. the lower cushion on the factory seats was pretty thick, so i dont think that will be a problem (thanks for the warning though)

fwiw has anybody removed teh factory floor pan seat riser ? (sheetmetal)

it appears i could gain 2-3" by removing it.

any "midrange" suggestions ? i am only seeing 250-300/pair seats or 600/pair (and up) seats

I think you missed his point, he said the top of the seat would be too tall, not the bottom.

I bought used ones from an 80's car for $70 and had them recovered for around $300+.

I think you missed his point, he said the top of the seat would be too tall, not the bottom.

Exactly. It's not the bottom of the seat. Your ass will still be in the same place. The top of the seat will be nearly touching your roof. I'm just suggesting measuring seats you plan on buying. I almost made the same mistake.

well 1st set of seats (2005 trailblazer) didnt fit but i bought them for 180 and sold them for 250 so no big deal, second set look like they will work just fine (2005 cavalier) but i will have to cut out the seat riser (sheetmetal on the floorpan) the cavalier seats and brackets mount directly to a flat surface, sitting on top of the risers there is 2" between the seat bottom and the steering wheel, if i cut out the riser there will be approximately 6-7"

i really like these seats because they have a built in seatbelt holder (so i wont have to hang the sholder belt on the coathooks :)

i also got my new wheels and tires installed this weekend.... american racing nitro's 16"X8" with 5" backspacing.... 1/4" spacer and all is good, 205-55-16 on the front, 235-60-16 on the rear...

i wish i would have gotten a little taller and wider rears but hopefully the rears wont last very long (burnout time) i also wanted to be sure that the rears would fit under the wells with the new 8.8" that is 1/2" wider than the 8" stock.