Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redruM

My 69 coupe almost finished project

description from the guy i bought it from:

1969 Ford Mustang Coupe

I have had this car for many years and been working on it as I had time and or the patience. It started out with a factory 302 V-8motor and automatic C4 transmission with drum brakes all the way around. It now has the following upgrades and or modifications:

· Fuel injected 5.0 bored 30 over out of a 93 mustang, serpentine belt, comp cam, under drive pulleys

· 4 core radiator with electric fan

· T-5 transmission out of same 93 mustang with cable clutch linkage

· New fuel tank with electric fuel pump

· New starter, battery, alternator

· New steering gear box (flaming river brand)

· Front sway bar upgraded to 1 1/8 inch diameter

· Rear sway bar added along with heavy duty rear spring shackles

· New shocks and springs all the way around

· New ball joints, tie rod ends with a fresh alignment

· Disc brakes on all four by Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation

· 16 inch wheels and tires (205/55R16)

· Flow master exhaust system

This car needs to have a windshield installed; no I do not have the old one. There are some other minor adjustments on the window tracks that need to be done. I do have new: carpet, steering wheel, door panels, passenger seat cover (the other three covers are installed) that need to be installed.

This a real solid fast running car I was building it for me to drive not to sell so I did not take the cheapest way out. I don’t have the motivation (money) or patience to complete it. I do start it and drive it around every week for approximately the past year the motivation has not returned so it is time to sell.

This car did have factory A/C but it does not work now, it needs a condenser and hoses the compressor is on the motor also of the 93 mustang.

Unfortunately I have not kept good records of what I have spent guessing around 7200 in parts none of my labor figured in.

----------------------------------------------------------------

MY completion list (i know it's never Complete)

backup lights (ordered)

paint sanded, buffed

pass side seat cover (have)

carpet installed (have)

limited slip rear (8" ford)

fix messed up window track scissor (ordered)

adjust trunk latch

fix drivers door handle (ordered)

inspection

registration

install door panels (have)

install rear trim (have original)

install new steering wheel (have)

stereo

amp

speakers

tune the comupter for the comp cam, underdrive pully's

tweek some of the wiring

move electric fan to back of radiator

buy and install condensor (ordered)

buy and install a/c hoses

fill with freon

buy and install package tray (ordered)

all i can think of at the moment...

its not for sale, i just bought it...

010104010409010306200708091b4d71a5903aaa206300f9cd.jpg

i missed the "description from the guy i bought it from" sentence as well and was also about to comment that you should post pics but in the classifieds section. glad i went back and re-read it.

Thanks...I wondered what the 5.0 EFI setup would look like in one of our cars (69-70). I have an 5.0 FI setup out of a '91 Mustang to put into my vert, but I was thinking of converting it to a carb setup before installing it and not mess with the EFI.

Looks like you ended up with a lot of goodies. I'll spend over a grand on my T5 swap alone and you're already there. Keep us posted :thumbup:

not what i would pick either, but alot better than the Nitro's on it now...

Question... was there a shoulder belt in 69 or just a lap belt ?

the new headliner doesnt have a hole for a shoulder restraint, but i can feel a plate behind the coat hook bar ?

Update:

Complete... The Front Nose Chrome On, Doesnt Fit As Well As I Would Like, But Fits As Good As Others I Have Seen.

Complete... The Front Bumper Straightened Out, Was About 1" To Far To The Drivers Side.

Complete... Backup Lights Installed

Complete... Assembled Window Cranks

Complete... adjusted the trunk latch

Completion List:

Registration

Radio, Speakers (buy, Install)

Dynamat (buy Install)

Carpet (have)

Pass Seat Cover (ordered)

Package Tray Install (have)

R&R Windows (what A Mess, Previous Owner Installed W/silicone)

Door Panels (have)

A/c Installed/charged (need Hoses, & Drier)

Cleanup A Little Wiring

Replace Drivers Door Handle (ordered)

Replace 8" Open 2.8:1 Rear End With 8.8 Ls 3.73:1 (have)

Tweek computer

2 New Rear Tires (235-55-16) (buy)

Replace Wheels (have)

Sand and Buff Paint

anybody got pictures of din radio installs in 69-70 ?

i have seen the "200$ kit" no thanks, i have also seen cutting the original radio bezel, its okay.... but i am looking for something differant...

Not to mention that the stock seats aren't very comfortable even in the upright position. When I decided to upgrade I also decided that I wanted to keep it looking like it belonged there with the high visibility in a vert and I wanted it to serve a multitude if needs. I went this route and have never been happier with my final choice. There are several threads here on this popular hotrod mod but this one is all in one thread so I'll link to it instead: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=653771

Not to mention that the stock seats aren't very comfortable even in the upright position. When I decided to upgrade I also decided that I wanted to keep it looking like it belonged there with the high visibility in a vert and I wanted it to serve a multitude if needs. I went this route and have never been happier with my final choice. There are several threads here on this popular hotrod mod but this one is all in one thread so I'll link to it instead: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=653771

i have seen the "200$ kit" no thanks, i have also seen cutting the original radio bezel, its okay.... but i am looking for something differant...

well that really only leaves one option then and it's even more expensive than the $200 kit but is by far the nicest looking option

http://jmeenterprises.com/69_radio_bezel.shtml

well that really only leaves one option then and it's even more expensive than the $200 kit but is by far the nicest looking option

http://jmeenterprises.com/69_radio_bezel.shtml

i think i am going to make a custom export/monte carlo/ stiffner....

i have a friend that has a waterjet that will do 1/4" plate, so if i make him a template he can cut me whatever i want. was thinking 1 plate that bolts to the cowl, strut tower braces, surrounding the intake, with access holes to get at the important stuff.

anybody see any problems with a setup like this ?