Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bnickel

bad day rant

hey guys, just had to let off some steam from a pretty frustrating day.

this starts out saturday night when i realize the water heater is out and i'm a greasy mess from working on my car, luckily there was enough warm water for me to take a quick shower. so, first thing sunday morning i go to home depot to get a new thermocouple for the water heater (i live in a rented house BTW, we don't own it) an go home and install it, doesn't fix the problem of the pilot not staying lit, so i call the landlord and tell him the thermostat/gas valve on the water heater is bad and explain the problem, he agrees it's a bad valve and say's he'll have the plumber over 1st thing in the morning.

so, today i wait until about 1:00 pm for the plumber to get here, unable to work on my car in the meantime (big annual mustang show is coming up saturday so i don't have much time to get it ready) and the car has the entire front suspension and steering ripped out of it, so i call the landlord (who is also my best friend's dad) and ask about the plumber and he said "he hasn't been there yet? i called him at 7:30 AM. ok, i'll call him again." so finally the plumber shows up at almost 4:00 pm and i tell him the problem and that the water heater needs a new thermostat/gas valve and explain the trouble shooting i've already done. he goes in and spends 30 minutes trying to get the pilot to light and another 15-20 minutes in the backyard doing something, what i don't have any idea, i guess checking to make sure the gas is on or something, then finally he came in and said "Well it looks you've got a bad valve. i'll have to try and get one for it, if i can find one or replace the water heater if i can't" and the asks if i'll be around tomorrow, sure i guess i'll have to be now.

so he leaves and i go down to my best friend's house where we are working on the car and get started working again only to find out that lower control arms that came in the suspension kit i ordered are the wrongs ones, they're 67 LCA's and won't work on my car, so now i've wasted the entire day waiting to get my water heater fixed and i have to wait until tomorrow for a hot shower now, didn't have one today or yesterday and since i wasn't able to work on the car at all i'm now even further behind than i was before today and have no idea if i can even get the right lower control arms tomorrow.

the plan for today was to get the front suspension back in and get the PS control valve rebuilt so i can put that in tomorrow and the spend wednesday doing the ac lines and hooking up the heater hoses and some other minor stuff and then get it aligned thursday or friday and spend the other day doing all the rest of teh stuff that needs to get done. now thanks to this stupid plumber i'm probably not going to have the car done in time for the show and i'm so pissed off i can't stand it.

had the SOB plumber come this morning when he was supposed to or at least before quitting time i'd only be one day behind on the car instead of what will end up being at least 2 days behind and maybe more because of the control arm problem, also had he come this morning when he was supposed to i'd have found out about the control arm mess before all the parts stores in town closed which put me even further behind schedule.

ok, thanks for listening to rant maybe i'll feel better in the morning and be able to get back on track but i kinda doubt it.

Sorry to hear of the trouble spot bnick. Just muscle through until the weekend, and forget all about it when the event comes. Just look forward from the point when you get it all done. (Look 360 d's until then.)

When your event comes up, just take the day in stride, and NEVER say, "What a week this has been" or "You wouldn't believe what I went through to do X."

My night last night was about the most horrible in recent memories, and I'll join you happily in denying misery.

update... well we got the car all buttoned up around 4:00 am this morning and took about a 2 hour nap then fired the car up at 9:00 am to get ready to take it to the show and the ps pump decided to lock up on us and burned itself up, it got so hot it boiled the paint off the pump itself!!!!!!!!

i'll have some pics of the car later today, the car is soaking wet in the pics though because it decided it rain today too, so i was giving it a quick rinse job.