Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burn

Awesome '71 Cuda Burnout

I love that video too, but that is NOT a '71 'Cuda, at least according to its grille, which is the '72-'74 style, and notice no fender gills ('71-only). I think this guy called himself Burpin on another forum, and think he has a 340 small block. Love that car. All right, back to '69 Stangs...

The owner is probably some rich play baby who just bought it, and doesn't even realize that even though a car can do that, you probably shouldn't. I will agree it's always fun to see someone else beat the crap out of their car.

My brother had a 240z..... it would rot in place... No matter what you put in it the frame/ unibody has to be able to hold it. The Japanese steel just melted if road salt was within 10 miles of the car.....

My brother had a 240z..... it would rot in place... No matter what you put in it the frame/ unibody has to be able to hold it. The Japanese steel just melted if road salt was within 10 miles of the car.....

That's exactly why i sold mine. The Japanese didn't make cars to last more than 10 years back then. Mine was even worse structurally as the PO cut all the rust out (quarters, rockers, fenders), and replaced them with fiberglass parts without structurally connecting the car back together! It looked real nice but i knew it was only a matter of time before body parts started falling off, especially if i had put a V8 in it! I would have twisted the car in half!

They're beautiful cars to look at/drive though!