Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

indianfiremach

Two year full resto almost finished - PICS!

After starting out with a run down 69 "S" code/4 speed Mach two years ago, it's taken countless hours, trips, parts hounding, phone calls, and of course $$$, I can say its (almost) done! Being a student and on a student's budget has certainly made the project difficult, but I am glad to say I didn't compromise on the quality of the car. I ended up becoming an ebay powerseller of 67-73 'stang parts to fund the car, and learned a lot there as well. It's been a tough road, I had an engine builder steal parts from my 390 and ruin a block, my painter crushed by a horse before finishing paint, missing parts, wrong parts, on and on.. I'm not sure a full-on resto is something I'll ever want to do again! But it feels worth it, and now I can't wait to enjoy the car! It was a barn find car, everything is totally new, from the inside out. Many NOS pieces were used and high quality used from scrounging for years, even before I got the car. I'm so thankful at 20 to be able to own something like this, and don't worry, I'll take care of it! Got to swap the master cylinder tomorrow (defective new one) and then it's ready for the road! I'll post up some engine and interior shots as soon as I vacuum the interior out again. There's still some detail work left to do, but it's sooo close! Thanks for reading all this, and good luck to everyone trying to do the same to their cars, don't lose the faith. Also thanks to my dad for giving me so much help!

DSC015862.jpg

DSC015832.jpg

Its looks great, and brand new! Is there a chance that it has that new car smell? Saver the moment and the time you have the car with your dad. You left out any hard times or disagreements with him on when or how something should be or should've been done, but all of us that have gone thru those years with our dads truly knows what those will mean to you in time. As you come to the finish, those stories will turn to should've seen all the people at the local drive in checking it out or I can't believe that old lady almost ran me over in the parking lot! LOL. Hey seriously who is your insurance CO and how much did you put on it? Great job enjoy it for all of us, can't wait to see more pic's.