Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave_Mustang_50

Anyone have pics of a 69 with side pipes?

With me running a bit rich and 110 octane I would pass out from the exhaust.... Also, I clip the chrome rocker when I get out of the car I can imagine placing a calf on a hot pipe.

Side pipes are for old corvettes only - or maybe a cheesy 70's conversion van....

With me running a bit rich and 110 octane I would pass out from the exhaust.... Also, I clip the chrome rocker when I get out of the car I can imagine placing a calf on a hot pipe.

Side pipes are for old corvettes only - or maybe a cheesy 70's conversion van....

Coming from the guy who has a pony with sidepipes as his avatar, lol. :tt2::tt2:

Other than that HAWT color choice on the Mike Dunbar mustang (I'm soooo destined to end up with a purple pony), I don't think I like the pipes.

I actually really like the concept, though...but those pipes are too fat for my tastes.

I found another thread that has links to some products, and another post on another mustang site that links to some foreign mustang gallery sites, where sidepipes are apparently a lot more common...I'll see if I can find that link again. I didn't really like any on there, though, either.

But I still think it's a cool idea. Maybe something like this universal Patriot sidepipe kit would look right.

The burning of the legs thing is definitely something to be wary of, but I've seen folks say the heat guards don't get hot, and that Patriot kit has them.

Well, I finally paid a professional to pull and reinstall my intake (because I apparently suck at it, very badly), and the thing is FINALLY running absolutely GREAT.

I'm very eager to get that 9" on, but I think I'm gonna wait until Aug or Sept to install it...I don't want to rock the boat on driving and cruise-in season, I just want to enjoy some nice summer driving while she's running great, lol.

Aside from that, now that she's running so smooth I'm really beginning to enjoy that C-6 and rethinking my auto-to-manual conversion. But then again, once I get that 3.89 in, I may reconsider my need for an overdrive, hehe.

I did, however, get my shaker project done. =)

I found this pic: http://www.gerlecreek.com/images/mikedunbarmustang.jpg

It's not my car. Not sure if I like it or not. Doesn't really "make or break" the look of the car to me either way.

2 problems I see with those side pipes.

- Those are a major burn hazard. They should have the protective mesh.

- They would not be legal(in Canada at least). In Canada the law says that the exhaust must exit rearward of the rear-most window in the passanger compartment. Since those 1/4 windows roll down, the exhaust needs to run a little further and dump right infront on the rear wheels.

does the rear 1/4 window wind down? excuse my ignorance...
Not on the SportsRoofs. I dont know about the Coupe's or Grande. Converts probably roll down.

I saw this car on ebay so I had to post a few pix's. I think the pipes look awesome on this car. Its got the '70-'80's style color, Cragar SS's and some fancy running horse graphics with '71 "Mach 1" stickers. I like it!!!

does the rear 1/4 window wind down? excuse my ignorance...
Not on the SportsRoofs. I dont know about the Coupe's or Grande. Converts probably roll down.

I saw this car on ebay so I had to post a few pix's. I think the pipes look awesome on this car. Its got the '70-'80's style color, Cragar SS's and some fancy running horse graphics with '71 "Mach 1" stickers. I like it!!!

Wow, that guy's not afraid to go out on a limb. Sidepipes AND a red shaker, lol.

Not the route I'd go, but I don't hate it.

I sure would love to see the underside of these sidepipes cars, though, to see how they routed things underneath.