Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69stang

My Very Own Mustang Buildup

I am used to cars with very low profile tires and like the handeling benefits. That is why I don't mind starting a little lower. I will need to talk to the grab-a-trac people though to make sure that if I go with a reverse eye, their 1" lower spring, and a 1" shelby drop that the car will sit with the nose down a touch. If not, I can do more than 1" on the shelby drop (I am also going to get the opentracker a arm and control arms which allow up to 1 3/4 drop). I don't want to punch any more holes into the car then I need to though!

Josh

Just so you know the shelby drop doesnt actually give 1" of drop. I believe it is more like 1/4-1/2 inch.

Yea I suggest talking to them, they will know much better than I do.

We should start a gallery of 69's with different combinations and their stances.

It would be REALLY helpful to look at when trying to decide parts.

yeah the 1" drop will only lower the car about 1/4", the main purpose of the drop is not to lower the car as it is to improve the suspension geometry (camber curve specifically), the 1-3/4" drop will improve the geometry even more and asl lower the car more probably around 3-4" or so, maybe a full 1" but i don't think it is quite that far.