Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT350

rear seat removal 69 fastback

can anyone give any tips on rear seat removal 69 fastback the bottom one seems to be stuck cant remember if i press and push down then back or vice-versa.javed

Just wondering if you ever got your Rear Seat Cushion out, GT350. I have a Fastback too and am having no luck getting mine out. I'd love to see a photo of the floor area under the Rear Seat and the under side of the Seat Cushion itself to see just how the Seat Cushion is held in place. Anyone?

Just wondering if you ever got your Rear Seat Cushion out, GT350. I have a Fastback too and am having no luck getting mine out. I'd love to see a photo of the floor area under the Rear Seat and the under side of the Seat Cushion itself to see just how the Seat Cushion is held in place. Anyone?

I did finally after having a fight with it ,push down and pull towards you.javed

Yeah, isn't it fun!!!! Did you notice it's held in place by the two hooks. One on each side.

I thought that was how it was held in mufflerbearing, but I just couldn't get enough leverage by hand for the Cushion to clear the hooks. That's when I decided to use the Screw Driver as a Pry Bar.

I assume this push down pull forward works for the bottom of a fold down rear seat? I haven't done my seats yet but will this fall.

Oh yeah - what's the secret to removing the front seats? I couldn't find any bolts - only track. I needed to remove the clutch centering spring and it sure would have been easier to remove it w/o the front seat in place. My back still hurts.

I really need to get a set of shop manuals....

I assume this push down pull forward works for the bottom of a fold down rear seat? I haven't done my seats yet but will this fall.

Oh yeah - what's the secret to removing the front seats? I couldn't find any bolts - only track. I needed to remove the clutch centering spring and it sure would have been easier to remove it w/o the front seat in place. My back still hurts.

I really need to get a set of shop manuals....

The front seats you will have to go under the car pull the 4 grommets off and use a deep socket to loosen the nut holding the seat tracks on.javed

The front seats you will have to go under the car pull the 4 grommets off and use a deep socket to loosen the nut holding the seat tracks on.javed

Well there you go - thanks.... I'm searching around inside the car for like an hour even briefly got my hand stuck.