Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD IN NC

so it begins.....

Far as the engine, I turned mine into a 393, because I liek to rev. But I have ot say if I do it all over again, or should I say when:whistling: I will probably go with a 408C.

Far as the engine, I turned mine into a 393, because I liek to rev. But I have ot say if I do it all over again, or should I say when:whistling: I will probably go with a 408C.

I have 408C and if i were to do it over again I would do a 418W. Or a Clevor....

Another intake to check out is the Torker series. I believe they make one for the Windsor. It is a bit taller but you can still "fit" the shaker in there. Also, does Blue Thunder make a Windsor option? If so, they are close to the stock size. I think Stan at FPR is a BT dealer www.fordpowertrain.com - Hey I just remembered you are in NC - Call Lee Holman at Holman / Moody. He's a BT dealer and way cool to speak to. When I talked to him he had a "special" BT intake that would fit on a Cleveland and I thought a similar offering in Windsor. www.holmanmoody.com

I have 408C and if i were to do it over again I would do a 418W. Or a Clevor....

Another intake to check out is the Torker series. I believe they make one for the Windsor. It is a bit taller but you can still "fit" the shaker in there. Also, does Blue Thunder make a Windsor option? If so, they are close to the stock size. I think Stan at FPR is a BT dealer www.fordpowertrain.com - Hey I just remembered you are in NC - Call Lee Holman at Holman / Moody. He's a BT dealer and way cool to speak to. When I talked to him he had a "special" BT intake that would fit on a Cleveland and I thought a similar offering in Windsor. www.holmanmoody.com

Good day yesterday..

Engine in now in the car! FPA headers installed! Randalls Rack fir perfect with the bigger oil pan I have. Had to stop as the pilot bearing I had sent was the wrong size. The new crank has a different size than stock!

I can see that the biggest problem I'm going to have is the installation of the equalizer bar. I don't see on the frame side where the bloody mount is.....

Next week radiator, exhaust, fuel pump... and figure out the damn equalizer bar!

It's an older original Shelby Cobra oil pan I believe. Came w/ car and original engine....

Here are some side shots. It's all aluminum but did require notching for the first crank lobe as is was a little tight when the engine was rebuilt. What is nice is that it is a 7 quarter. So this engine has the old style oil pan and a C9OX manifold - old meets new!

Installed the RIGHT pilot bearing so onward with the install!

well here we are ..... engine's in, fires up right away. Need to adjust the carb. Love the open headers. Been chasing electrical problems. I Know where to put a hidden kill switch in :shifty: based on not be able to start...

Chasing one more issue - the gas gauge where I believe that it's not getting voltage and open...

This forum and the other threads has really helped me get to the key issues. THANKS ALL - Cheers! :clap:

Next week - bleed the brakes and take her on the road to get the exhaust put on - then an alignment.... Might be a couple of weeks as there is the car show in twon here adn you never know - might drag home the next project :whistling:

New Goal - driven by New years in order to move her to the final phase of paint for a spring showing! If I meet the goal it will have Taken two years and a wheelbarrow of money - not to bad

congrats!!! the 2 most satisfying parts of a resto next to actually being able to drive the completed project are firing the new motor for the first time and getting the car back from paint, my favorite has always been the first firing of the new motor though.

OK - after the front end incident - Christine got her color back this week!

Base coat on! To do over the next month;

- finish the polishing

- add all side lights

- gas cap re-install

- fix trunk lock

- black out hood

- paint and finish shaker

- re - install louvers and rear spoiler

- add front spolier

- add side stripes!

- add sail plane emblems

- add front grill and final light trim rings

will leave the "mustang" emblems off...... we all know what kind of car it is

Ready to roll by APRIL! :clap::taz:

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

awesome!!!!!!!!!!! and she'll be one hell of a sleeper too, with that stroker motor under the hood. one suggestion though, paint at least the front part of the aluminum radiator black so it doesn't show through the grill. that's one of my pet peaves with aluminum radiators is that most people don't hide it from the front of the car and it detracts from the view of the grill. obviously this just my opinion but i think it makes the car look so much better and much less "busy" when you look through the grill, or rather at the grill instead of through it.

if it were me i'd probably paint the fan also but the fan doesn't really have much surface area so it won't be as noticeable as the radiator, you'll still be able to see it and know what it is it's just not as big of a distraction, so it would be ok if it wasn't painted black, in fact it may actually be more interesting than basic black or black or black aluminum and chrome all together, but still subtle enough to not be a detractor

So here we are....

Paint finished....

Busy weekend! Big punch list complete! Christine is HOME!

Since I brought her home and finished the big list I have also fixed the brakes - again...., installed hydraulic brake switch, tightened PS fittings, adjusted choke and other smaller items..... It's all the finishing touches now.

Project started in 2007 - big items finished in 2009!

NOW IT'S TIME TO DRIVE HER!!!

DSC00174.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

Parked home with her big sister.....

DSC00200.jpg