Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Truck

Database?

Well gang,

Since we're here building a history of our favorite car, would it be possible to start a catalog not unlike the SAAC registry? (Is there some I've missed?)

There's a lot of lore and facts about the 69-70 Mustang project could we band together to hash out how and when our cars were built.

For instance, mine is a 69-type with a 68 title that was a special order, built in 1/69. My buddy (who hasn't seen it yet) is pretty insistant I have an undocumented early build of the BOSS. (That's just an example, but there are a lot of stories like this we could dispell, or carry on-if we wanted....)

what say we?

That info will apply to my car specifically-what I mean is more of how the production of all the cars fit together.

(It's been nearly 40 years, and the metal may rust. Legal specifics aside, a photo gallery would help everyone immensely, I guess.)

Well gang,

Since we're here building a history of our favorite car, would it be possible to start a catalog not unlike the SAAC registry? (Is there some I've missed?)

There's a lot of lore and facts about the 69-70 Mustang project could we band together to hash out how and when our cars were built.

For instance, mine is a 69-type with a 68 title that was a special order, built in 1/69. My buddy (who hasn't seen it yet) is pretty insistant I have an undocumented early build of the BOSS. (That's just an example, but there are a lot of stories like this we could dispell, or carry on-if we wanted....)

what say we?

there's somethiong funky about it being titled as a 68. my car is a november 68 build and it's titled correctly as a 69. 69 production began in august or september of 68.

LOL, you may be surprised how funky this ride can be. As far as I can tell... Mine was produced a year to the day as 3 of the most famous 68 Fords ever! (One of them is clearly in the top three.)

1075ProdSheet-1.gif

In and of itself, it's a sidenote, and a coincidence. Let's just say I'm going to need some time, effort, and patience before I work it all out.

ok so that's a GT40 order form of some kind. what does that have to do with a 69 mustang?

sorry i'm just not seeing the connection here. you have a 69 mustang titled as a 68 and i'm assuming that the GT40 paperwork here has something to do with that car?

Yeah, I have to say I am a little lost on this one too, I see no relation between that paperwork and what you claim your car is. Besides they are a year off, you said your car was made 1/69 and that form is for 1/68?!?!??!?!

I'd still like to know what your VIN and door tags are and how they decode? You seem to keep evading that for some reason.

Mainly because my Lime Gold coupe came with a powder blue driver's door. :censored:

ok so that's a GT40 order form of some kind.

That's the build sheet for #1075-the two-time LeMans winner (also known of Gulf #6). Gulf had two other cars delivered the same day. (1074 and 1076, natch.) In 1969, 1075 won LeMans, for the second time, as a Four-Year Old Racecar. That's like winning the Kentucky Derby as an eight-year old.

Connecting that paper to my car is like playing "6 Degrees of Ford Baddass."

Anyway-we're getting OT, Do you think it's realistic to have some space dedicated to referencing what some things looks like, what kind of condition

You like talk in some weird kind of riddles or something, I can never follow what the hell you are trying to say. What was the point of attaching it then if it has nothing to do at all with your car or this thread?

If your car had a replaced door did it ever occur to you that someone also swapped a VIN off a 68 onto it???? I happen to know someone who was just looking to buy a 69' project and we discovered it had a bogus 70' vin that did not match the inner fender stamp and has been registered as a 70' for over 20 years.

The point of attaching it is to illuminate the timeline. my VIN is correct, it's a paperwork oversight that bills it as a 68. This was a special order car ordered and paid for in 1968. (the year the title was 'purchased'.) The car was not built until 1/69-hence the VIN.

The point of the thread, in a larger sense, is to collect some information about what was really available in this period. Does anyone have a car with the "Smokey Yunick Package"?

EDIT-btw, I've done 2 999's and 1 Marti, and they all conflict. (See post regarding, 'They don't know what they turned out.' post above. ;)