Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solo2

WANTED: 1969 GT,flip-open Gas Cap

"I don't blame solo for wanting a bargain but I alos wouldn't expect that he would let the part go fro peanuts"

That is exactly what I did during the years, 1978 throught 1990. I sold many many '69/'70 parts just for a few doallars more than what I bought it not like what is now, 500% to 1000% more what it it should be. FACTS: That not only paid 100% of my college funding, but all my '69 restoration funding, a large stereo system, etc. and all I wanted was just 1% to 2% more money than what I paid for , ie, at least below or at auto swap meet pricing and NOT what other vendors where selling for which by the way, was many times more than me for that same item.

That's my point!

Well then you are the exception not the rule. I could have bought a beautiful car in the 80's for about the same money it was worth new but I don't expect it to have that same value today. If someone offered me 40k for my car I would never for any reason say "you know what, 20k sounds more fair to me stranger". Your actions are comendable but you are not being as fair to yourself as you are the buyer. 10% is a respectable fee no matter what you do even 20% is not ridiculous. I mean my god, would you work for someone for the same wage for 10 years and never ask for a raise once? The simple fact is that the other 99.9% of the world just does not work that way, it would be great if it did becasue then TV would still be free, you wouldn't have to pay for water and I could fill my gas tank for less than $60. If you sell low and buy high based on princable alone then you become a guppy in a sharks world.

I will closed this thread as to say, I did purchased that "GT" gas cap for an arm and a leg.

I will no longer respond to this very lengthy thread.

huh? why would you be hurt? i don't get it.

Being compared to a "if it ain't pure than it ain't worth squat, I can't see past my own vision person" maybe?

I know Solo won't be posting on this thread ever again but I hope to hell he didn't take offense to anything said, it was all just friendly debate and as I said I admire where he's coming from on the whole issue even though I see it differently.

Being compared to a "if it ain't pure than it ain't worth squat, I can't see past my own vision person" maybe?

Bingo!

It's all good in the hood.:yes:

BTW, I always got along great with Ozsum. (insert sarcastic emoticon here)

Ahhhh.....I see now. The little light bulb just went off.

BTW, I see Historic has his Mustang for sale on Stangnet.

Hmmm, makes me want to create a new identity and talk about modifying it with a rack, EFI and MU Eleanor kit.:devil2: Maybe even the hard top convertible option.

Hmmm, makes me want to create a new identity and talk about modifying it with a rack, EFI and MU Eleanor kit.:devil2: Maybe even the hard top convertible option.

LOL! I could see a Chernobyl like mushroom cloud if you did that....