Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aw4g63

How should I paint my car?

So I've mocked up what my car will look like.

I'm going to pick up that Miaer Racing truck and rear spoiler kit. Plus the scoops. Makes such a difference on the car. I HATE the look of my coupes ass. It's so offensive to my eyes. So atleast that rear makes it more interesting, atleast to me it does.

Throw on some AR Torque thrust 2's and I'm set.....

So here's what I've come up with. I'm stuck on the color. I've been mowing it over in my head for 3 years now so I'm pretty sure that Hot Hues Molten Bronze or Blazin Copper will be my main color. BUT now I've tossed around going with a two tone paint job. Like a Foose knock off. haha.

What do you think?

The whole top of the car would basicly be black.

I think IF you were to do twotone that you need a little black detail on the side somewhere as well and maybe a black front spolier too to tie it all in, otherwise stripped down I say one color only.

I can't say I like the two-tone, it looks like a lot of the ghetto hoopties running around here where I work (in the hood). Unless you're looking for that "hot wheels" look.

If you do a two-tone, maybe run a rocker panel stripe instead?

i kinda like the 2 tone myself, but you gotta do something to make it more unusual like a maier racing rear lip spoiler, front spoiler, side scoops of do away with the side scoops comepletely and make the 1/4 panels smooth, something like that

i kinda like the 2 tone myself, but you gotta do something to make it more unusual like a maier racing rear lip spoiler, front spoiler, side scoops of do away with the side scoops comepletely and make the 1/4 panels smooth, something like that

Looks to me like it already has some type of rear lip and side scoops added to it bro, something wrong with your monitor again?:blink:

Looks to me like it already has some type of rear lip and side scoops added to it bro, something wrong with your monitor again?:blink:

at the beginning of the thread he said he doesn't have those parts yet. i was just reinforcing the idea that if he does this paint scheme he really needs to add those pieces, otherwise it wouldn't look right, at least to me.

at the beginning of the thread he said he doesn't have those parts yet. i was just reinforcing the idea that if he does this paint scheme he really needs to add those pieces, otherwise it wouldn't look right, at least to me.

Oh I see, I didn't think it was even an option for him not to do it since he seems to hate the stock look so much.

Correct, it has the Mier trunk and extentions for that knock off camaro look and the side scoops are critical.

I purposely threw my stocks in the trash so I would never see anything so hidious again. lol

I'm going black up top, burnt orange on the bottom. Car is coming along great. Can't wait to see it finished.

I just dug up this old thread for someone in another thread, but what's up with this car AW? It's been almost 2 years on this thread, you get it painted yet or what?:whistling:

I picked up a couple of Revell Models and built em up like my car then have been playing with colors. My next attempt is going to be a two tone with black top and green sides. It keeps me busy while saving up more money =)