Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J's69Mach1

Has anyone used Flaming River rack & Pinion

I 've been wanting to purchase a FLaming River Power Rack & Pinion set up for my 69 mach 351w 4spd top loader. Has anybody tried the set up on their mustangs? Any recommendations or problem issues with the set up?

From everything I've read I would stay away from the Flaming River version. The Randalls Rack has always been the top choice. I have the Unisteer manual rack but the car isn't back together yet.

-Stephen

i haven't heard anyone say anything about the power rack, good or bad, but the manual rack is a POS first class. i have heard too many horror stories about the manual rack to even consider the power rack, honestly.

check out www.randallsrack.com it's a much better solution than anything other than the TCP rack. i have not heard any complaints about his system at all.

Thank you, I'll forget about flaming river set up . May be ill go back to Original factory power steering I have the old original set up. Thanks I appreciate the input. I love this web site. It's cool.

I have the RRS power rack and pinion in my '69 mach 1.I purchased it in Australia where I live. The rack bolted in 'no problem'!! Three turns from lock to lock, starting to wonder if 'power' steering might be an overkill with this system!!They make the manual rack as well. Mathew the engineer is only too happy to answer any tech questions. Haven't used it on the road yet! Project still happening.......................................