Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coz

Mach 1 Scoop dimensions....

Guys,

What are the dimensions of the 69 Mach1 hood scoop with the turn signals? And how does it mount to the hood?

I have a shaker scoop right now but my intake is too tall and I would hate carving up the scoop to make it fit so I was thinking about replacing it with the hood mounted scoop.

My hood opening is 17.5" x 15" - can I cover it with the scoop and will it mount to the shaker trim plate / holes already in the hood?

Thanks,

-COZ

they are 151/4" wide x 271/4" long from tip to rear accross the middle of the scoop its 24" long it mounts with 9 studs they are 131/2" from center to center widex191/2" long center to center hope this helps

These should help, I think it's going to be a bit tight though. Length isnt a huge problem except for maybe the rear center bolt but the center is like exactly 15" across and it tapers in slightly at both ends. My hole is 14" across and the side bolts fit half in and half out of it.

There are other options though, I always though that a boss 429 scoop cut down a little in height would look really cool and the Eliminator scoop is neat looking too and larger. I also think the a 67' Shelby style scoop would look great too. If you are stuck on stock though then have you tried a drop base air cleaner bottom or even modding yours to lower it some?

Coz, what intake do you have that's too tall? I've heard that the dual-planes (like Eddy Perf RPM) sit taller and push the shaker up higher.

Does it fit at all? And if so, do you have any pictures of it (or could you take some) with the hood closed?

guys,

Thanks for all the responses. We all think alike - especially Pak. I really dig the 429 scoop and would like to do that but I'll admit I'm a bit scaried to drill holes. It appears to be the thickest part of the hood I would have to go through.

RK4 - I run a Torker II intake right now and it does fit but it's about 3/4" - 1" too tall and the scoop does touch the hood. You can see it in my sig. I originally had a Street Dominator intake which is a beast - put me over 600hp but the hood would not close at all.

With the original 351C and stock intake

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/COZ-69Mach1/107_0785?full=1

With the Torker II

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/COZ-69Mach1/111_1159?full=1

B - the other problem I have is I run a MSD pro billet dizzy and it's too tall also. I have (gulp) already heavily modified my shaker base to wrap around the dizzy. So I guess I'll look over your articles to see if I can lower the base w/o it hitting the dizzy again. What I would really would like to do is lower the scoop 3/4" on the mid plate. But my scoop, mid plate and vacuum plate are virgin and worth some cake...

Well you know, you still have options if you have the cash to spend. You can always get a repro hood or bond on a scoop instead of drilling holes or even swap your real shaker for a repro that can be modded guilt free. It's all a matter of how bad you want to fix it. I have to say that it does look odd sticking up like that when you give us an original photo to compare it with. Your sig pick angle hides it better than a top view.

I have no idea how the 429 scoop attaches, I can only assume it's the same way as a mach scoop, but I have to believe that you could some how make a bracket to almost clamp it down from the original bolt hole locations to the edges of your opening.